TV Home Forum

CITV Breakdown

(October 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
There was a breakdown with the start of CITV this afternoon.

The Tellytots titles started with no sound but a tone.

It then went to a unusual CITV Screen saying 'Back Soon' with loads of CITV logos in the background, Except instead of the words CITV, there were other words beginning with C.

Then an announcer apologised, was it our local person, who a loud booming voice from Carlton........ Shocked It was the latter of course.

A minute later we crashed into Mopatop's Shop.

PS: Has anyone captured any CITV Stuff from the new look?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Also, does anyone know why 'Chums' has been dropped in favour of Scooby Doo?
OH
ohwhatanight Founding member
Hmm

Good old Central! They seem to be cocking up various transmissions all the time. I wonder what their excuse will be this time! Some tractor digging up a cable i suspect or daniella getting caught with her knickers down!
JA
james2001 Founding member
I know an epsode of chums was dropped last week because the flat was destroyed by (dum dum dum) a plane. Dont know why all the subsequent episodes have beeen dropped though.
AN
Andrew Founding member
james2001 posted:
I know an epsode of chums was dropped last week because the flat was destroyed by (dum dum dum) a plane. Dont know why all the subsequent episodes have beeen dropped though.

I think we were into those episodes when Ant and Dec were doing 'Slap Bang' and therefore just Cat and Louise, if that is relevent at all....?
GT
Greg Taylor
Chums was dropped because it was causing repeated compliance headaches in light of September 11's events. Rather than go through re-compliance of each show, ITV and LWT decided to drop the series for the moment.

Greg Taylor
Granada Television
AN
andyeighteen
is citv still in birmingham - or did it move to nottingham
GT
Greg Taylor
Still in Birmingham. Shares a studio with Central News West.
GT
Greg Taylor
Did you know that the first batch of 10' episodes of CHUMS, broadcast January 2001, were complied by Channel!
AJ
Aaron J Tibbett
Andrew posted:
There was a breakdown with the start of CITV this afternoon.

The Tellytots titles started with no sound but a tone.

It then went to a unusual CITV Screen saying 'Back Soon' with loads of CITV logos in the background, Except instead of the words CITV, there were other words beginning with C.

Then an announcer apologised, was it our local person, who a loud booming voice from Carlton........ Shocked It was the latter of course.

A minute later we crashed into Mopatop's Shop.

Yep, I wondered what was happening when it was a funny tone, so as soon as Back Soon came up, I quickly flicked to Anglia, who were showing a standard Anglia hearts caption (as if it was an ident but without the border or logos) with an announcer. Anglia then went to the Back soon screen with the Carlton anno saying about returning, and I switched back to Carlton. Smile
TB
tbj
No - but i do now! Wink

Newer posts