TV Home Forum

New Granada logo

(September 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AB
ashley b Founding member
Try looking at the first post of this thread.
SU
SpiringUnhacked
You can't get the url for flash images! So you must've got them some other way! Any way of getting the full ident? And will Granada superimpose ITV1 identity on it?
RB
RB
Is the logo here just a hoax?

No sign of it on Granada last night.

Granada Reports began last night with all the flair and innovation we've come to expect from Granada in the NW.

And what a lousy arrow logo/ DOG.
MD
mdta
Its obvious what it is.

Ballistix probably designed local Yorkshire and Granada Idents, but only Yorkshire adopted them
SU
SpiringUnhacked
No, YTV's idents were made in house.
JA
Jason
Well, Ballistix are claiming the credit for the YTV local ident actually. It's on their site under 'our work'!!!

Interestingly, Damian McCaughan on Rob S' forum said that the TTTV ident was created 'by YTV in Leeds and commissioned by Tyne Tees'. If this was an aborted local ident for Granada, (1) why were the Granada and YTV idents created by an outside company and Tyne Tees' not, and (2) why the hell did GMG not commission a TTTV ident along with the other 2 in 1999?
SU
SpiringUnhacked
'Cos Tyne Tees' was only a year old. If Granada's dates from 1999, why is it still on the Ballistix site? I wonder if it will be adopted alongside the new generic idents? I think that was why it wasn't used.
TV
TVArchive Founding member
Going back to Balistixx, goto page 04 and you'll see a LWT trailer end cap which is scaringly similar to the YTV ident campaign...
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Finally you updated!
TV
TVArchive Founding member
Quote:
Finally you updated!

Eh? Smile
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Your site!
Quote:
[font=Times New Roman] Updated this week in our 'Digital Satellite' section...

VH1 changed their on-screen look on October 1st.
New look for Sky News & Sky News Active (EPG 501), images and video added
QVC Active images added.
Simply Shopping has launched a +1 hour service on EPG 645 and Simply Jewellery on EPG 646 & 648 [/font]
Last Updated: October 1st 2001

BTW, judging by the current ad for Saturday's ITV1 line up, I think the new idents launch tomorrow.
Quote:
NEW! Stars! (In Their Eyes Special)
NEW! Show! (Pop Idol)
NEW! Money! (Millionaire)
NEW! Kylie! (Audience With Kylie Minogue)
At least, I think that's what it said.
JA
Jason
Personally I can't believe how people are getting so worked up about a new ident when ITV are suggesting the next step in the destruction of the ITV network as a federation of regional companies. Idents are utterly irrelevant by comparison!

Newer posts