TV Home Forum

New Granada logo

(September 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james2001 Founding member
The Chevron can still be quite modern though. If YTV keept he chevron it wont be long till its the oldest logog- border's 1959-1999 (which made it in use 7 years more than YTV's is now) and granada's been using that logo since the mid 60s. After thats axed then YTV will be the longest running current logo and the 3rd oldest in order of run time.
MI
Mich Founding member
james2001 posted:
The Chevron can still be quite modern though. If YTV keept he chevron it wont be long till its the oldest logog- border's 1959-1999 (which made it in use 7 years more than YTV's is now) and granada's been using that logo since the mid 60s. After thats axed then YTV will be the longest running current logo and the 3rd oldest in order of run time.

Presuming that YTV don't change aswell!
JA
They seem to have modernised the chevron all the time though fromt he 1968 aniamtion to the 1996 Ident so i dont see why it should be dropped.
AL
alexanderlebbon
I dont really like this logo, i never like companies completely changing logos, and this is no better. I have always liked the logo that is currently showen it has been around for many years and i would give it 5/5. I didnt like it (and i still dont) like BBC 1s ballons i liked the idents from 91-98. I know i an going completely off the point so i stop now. I Dont Like The New Logo.

Thanks
Lebbon
JA
I thought the BBC ballons looked old fasioned from the first time I saw them. As long as the next ident is focused round a globe. Id like a new verison of the mirror globe (1969-1985).
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Do we actually know that it is the new logo ?
JA
One thing that shocks me about this supposed 'NEW' Logo is that its 4:3! Nothing new is 4:3!
TG
tim g
Not necessarily - perhaps its just how this company demonstrates all their work - look at all the other examples (including the revolving LWT endboard in YTV revolving chevron style) - the image is small enough as it is, perhaps putting it in 16/9 would involve full-scale recoding that just isn't necessary?
GA
Gareth Founding member
The question is that will the new logo be part of a complete new ident for Granada or will it be used in conjunction with their 'Hearts' ident?
:-(
A former member
I posted this last night, but silly me for ignoring the warning that posts after midnight would be deleted in the server-moving process!

There's a trailer knocking around at the moment for the new Granada Reports which features, in the GR logo, a very nice looking circle with an arrow in it. Also, it shows a bit of the new studio - a very nice shade of light blue I think it was - and what will probably be the end of the opening titles, which were orange and blue - very nice indeed! It is looking very promising!

The trailer is very clever - it says about how people always used to turn to Granada Reports for the best NorthWest news or something, and then the announcer goes 'And now it's back!' - to shots of Rob and Lucy talking in the new studio. I didn't notice a desk, but then again I didn't notice any big armchairs either.
TE
tesandco Founding member
Gareth posted:
The question is that will the new logo be part of a complete new ident for Granada or will it be used in conjunction with their 'Hearts' ident?

Its more likely that it will only be used in front of regional programming, as YTV and TTTV currently is. Its unlikely that they would replace the recently introduced ITV1 hearts idents, with something that makes no mention to the new name after less than 2 month.
JA
Jason
Well assuming they use this in conjunction with the ITV1 hearts ident, will they end up with the same problem as Tyne Tees and the 'two logos' syndrome? Or will they change theirs to the new one and leave TT the way it is?

If the latter I'll be fuming Sad

Newer posts