Media Websites

TesTVWhirl - slight address change

(September 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TE
tesandco Founding member
Terence's TV Whirl was started in June 2001(well March officially, but I prefer to forget that!). It features television presentation, as well as specific programmes and genres in the UK.

(In an exclusive, it even has a section devoted to the 1999-2000 kids TV programme Watership Down)

Recently the address has changed from testvworld.d4f.net to www.tvwhirl.co.uk. Some of the posts in this thread still refer to the old address, so just ignore it!

Terence's TV Whirl

EDIT - www.tvwhirl.co.uk wasnt working at the beginning of January 2002, but http://tvwhirl.co.uk is.

(Edited by tesandco at 5:43 pm on Jan. 2, 2002)
SU
SpiringUnhacked
BBC1 COW Globe (the one with a black background and a blue and gold globe) was introduced in 1985 - it was BBC1's first computer generated ident (Computer Originated World).

Great site though, although I can't use your message board 'cos of my college's internet filter. Sad I'm also a Simpsons fan, and I liked that section too. You could extend it though.

Your Pokemon section has all the end songs I see, good work, there, and did you notice that this image
http://members.tripod.co.uk/tvrevision2/images/pokemovie.jpg
looks similar to a clip of the Johto titles? The difference is in the colour of the Pokeball.

Finally, may I point out that ITV did eventually show Reboot! Razz: Bye!

(Edited by SpiringUnhacked at 2:40 pm on Oct. 4, 2001)

(Edited by SpiringUnhacked at 2:43 pm on Oct. 4, 2001)
TE
tesandco Founding member
SpiringUnhacked posted:
BBC1 COW Globe (the one with a black background and a blue and gold globe) was introduced in 1985 - it was BBC1's first computer generated ident (Computer Originated World).

Great site though, although I can't use your message board 'cos of my college's internet filter. I'm also a Simpsons fan, and I liked that section too. You could extend it though.

Your Pokemon section has all the end songs I see, good work, there, and did you notice that this image
looks similar to a clip of the Johto titles? The difference is in the colour of the Pokeball.

Finally, may I point out that ITV did eventually show Reboot!

I dunno why, but I like the COW globe!

I am planning to add some more stuff to the Simpsons section. The only problem I have is deciding what! There's so much! Although for the update in November/December I am planning to add some of the bits from BBC's Simpsons' Night.

As for the Pokeball, I agree with it looking similar. I tend to find theres an awful lot of the stuff like that in Pkmn. When they use their 3d-rendered pokeballs, they tend to all look the same as well.

As for Reboot, please dont tell me I missed some of it. The furthest I was aware they got was 9/16 episodes. In the summer they showed about 6, then repeated them and a further 3 later in 1997. If they ever showed 10-16, then I missed them Sad
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Your homepage implied they didn't show any of the Reboot episodes. I'm glad you took my other info on board. Sadly, I can't use the gameshows section ('game' in url - Access Denied) or the message board (classified as Chat - Access Denied) because I can only access the internet at college.
ED
EDTV
I have a Simpsons clip you might like to have if you want me to send it to you...
TE
tesandco Founding member
SpiringUnhacked posted:
Your homepage implied they didn't show any of the Reboot episodes. I'm glad you took my other info on board. Sadly, I can't use the gameshows section ('game' in url - Access Denied) or the message board (classified as Chat - Access Denied) because I can only access the internet at college.

I know what you mean about the homepage there. I'll get that changed over the weekend, thus avoiding ITV Lawyers, when I update the Simpsons section(Brought that forward a bit). I'll also see about changing the gameshows section, as that sounds easy enough to fool the filters. As for the messageboard, that'll be a bit more difficult, but I'll see what I can do! - Although if you can get on here, it doesnt matter as much. Asa's forum is miles better than my little messageboard!

(Edited by tesandco at 1:02 pm on Oct. 5, 2001)
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Exactly - TV Ark's gameshow section has the same problem - the filter thinks it's a computer game site!
TE
tesandco Founding member
SpiringUnhacked posted:
Exactly - TV Ark's gameshow section has the same problem - the filter thinks it's a computer game site!

Should be easy to fool the filter. On the subject of TV-ark, can you get on to the their forum, or does that get blocked as well?
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Bravenet and Ikonboard's forums aren't blocked, so I can access TV Ark's forum, and this one, but I set up an Ezboard last year, which I can't access.
TE
tesandco Founding member
SpiringUnhacked posted:
Bravenet and Ikonboard's forums aren't blocked, so I can access TV Ark's forum, and this one, but I set up an Ezboard last year, which I can't access.

Okay then! There's an easy solution. I already have a bravenet account, so I can set up my forum there. Expect that to come about at the weekend.
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Will it replace or accompany the existing one? Each Bravenet account can only have one forum, you see, and other users won't be pleased if you have to close something!

(Edited by SpiringUnhacked at 1:22 pm on Oct. 5, 2001)
TE
tesandco Founding member
The existing board is held by boardhost. As I like Bravenets more(He He - Its got little icons!!) I would probably replace it with the bravenet one, and transfer across all posts(theres not that many!)

I'll work it all out tomorrow or sunday though.

Newer posts