TV Home Forum

Daybreak: With Lorraine Kelly and Aled Jones

Exclusive pictures of new studios! (May 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Macalolo
Lorraine Kelly and Aled Jones are the new presenters of daybreak.
CY
cylon6
Lorraine Kelly and Aled Jones are the new presenters of daybreak.

Will Lorraine present Fridays?
JA
jamesrl
ITV have just confirmed Lorraine Kelly and ....... Aled Jones?! as the new Daybreak hosts. Wasn't Aled the snowman guy?!
GO
gottago
Aled Jones? Most bizarre choice ever! I think he's done Songs of Praise, any other presenting gigs?

Actually Wiki says he's done breakfast shows on Radio 2 and 3 so maybe not... too bizarre.
JA
jamesrl
ITV say on Twitter that a press release is to follow so I guess we'll get some dates soon.
JA
jamesrl
Aled Jones? Most bizarre choice ever! I think he's done Songs of Praise, any other presenting gigs?

Cash in the attic, he's also done "Good Morning Sunday" on radio show.
AC
aconnell
Bizarre choice that no-one could have predicted at all. I guess he was picked, in part, because of his supposed chemistry with Lorraine.

Does that mean that he will still be on Songs of Praise and BBC Radio - an exclusive ITV deal or what? He's much better on the BBC than on that programme. It could cost him his career as well.

Guess we'll have to wait for the press release.

The more you think about it, the more ridiculous it seems. Neither of them are really very newsy at all. But hey, this is Daybreak.
JA
jamesrl

Agreed! Bizarre! What's bizarre is why and how they thought of him, but, screen tests have obviously worked. They could be a good pairing.
JA
jamesrl
I wonder is it a typo - did they mean Gethin Jones?
AC
aconnell
He has concerts in October as well in Chester and Liverpool. How on earth does this fit in with his day job?
CR
Critique
Definitely Aled Jones. ITV News quote him saying this:

Quote:
I am so thrilled tobe joining ITV for their breakfast show. I am thoroughly looking forward to sharing the sofa every morning with such a consummate professional as Lorraine Kelly. We've known each other for a very long time and havealways had a lot of fun together. We hope that the viewers enjoy being part of our breakfast family.
JA
jamesrl
Definitely Aled Jones. ITV News quote him saying this:

Quote:
I am so thrilled tobe joining ITV for their breakfast show. I am thoroughly looking forward to sharing the sofa every morning with such a consummate professional as Lorraine Kelly. We've known each other for a very long time and havealways had a lot of fun together. We hope that the viewers enjoy being part of our breakfast family.

Maybe Lorraine suggested him as a co-host having known each other for such a long time?

Newer posts