The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast

From 6am (April 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NG
noggin Founding member
So people don't remember the era when Breakfast News used to go on the road and have sequences where the network presenter and a regional presenter would co-present large sections of the show from an OB, often featuring secondary OBs from other regional presenter/reporters .
JA
Jaxford
Noel Thompson
Tony Livesey

to add to the list.

Him and Roger Johnson are two individuals who I feel deserve to go/stay in radio - they're awful.

You could add Justin Rowlatt to the list. He presented Breakfast twice about this time last year. I don't believe he was very good. He's not to bad on radio though.
ST
Steve Founding member
So people don't remember the era when Breakfast News used to go on the road and have sequences where the network presenter and a regional presenter would co-present large sections of the show from an OB, often featuring secondary OBs from other regional presenter/reporters .

Which, if I remember right, was Sophie Raworth's first national outing when 'Britain at Breakfast' came live from the Armouries in Leeds and she was a Look North presenter.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Noggin, I have to say I actually don't remember that. Sorry for being a ****. I honestly had no idea that this occurred in the past. But, it's a good idea, no?
CH
chris_rgu
Jon Kay and Naga Munchetty down for this coming Sunday on Breakfast. The Radio Times has Bill and Susanna down for the Monday holiday but Jon has tweeted that he will be presenting.
BB
BBC LDN
Oops.

JA
james
Oops.

Oh God, don't let the Daily Mail see that image. Shocked
WE
Westy2
james posted:
Oops.

Oh God, don't let the Daily Mail see that image. Shocked

That isnt the first time.
AM
amosc100
Oops.

At last North West Tonight getting some presenters who can actually deliver the news with quality rather than turning people off!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
BB
bbc1
why can the presenters no longer get a single shot while reading the headlines .it looks awkward when the other presenter isn't saying eanything and just staring into space!
AC
aconnell
bbc1 posted:
why can the presenters no longer get a single shot while reading the headlines .it looks awkward when the other presenter isn't saying eanything and just staring into space!

They used to do single-headed shots when North West Tonight first moved into the studio last November, so it is technically possible.

It does look so much better than the current set-up definitely.
BB
bbc1
I agree thanks!

Newer posts