« Topics
VMPhil8,881 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today

Of course any good parent will use the hide function to hide the adult channels from the EPG, or at least lock them so a PIN has to be used to get in.

I didn't realise you could take them off totally, though of course there is the chance that non-adult channels could have titles or descriptions that you don't want them to see.

Yeah, you can hide them from the EPG, however if you know the actual channel number if you key it in it will still come up - however hiding the channels also locks them by default, so you'd need the PIN anyway.

Quote:
It's just occurred to me that Virgin must have relaxed their parental protection at some point. I remember having to put in a PIN every time I watched a post 9pm programme on-demand but haven't done that for ages now

Do you have TiVo? There was an update last month which now allows you to turn off the PIN for all content, recordings and on demand. Before this update you couldn't turn it off.
Sky786583 posts since 2 Oct 2011

Your elder, your better, and TV Forum's resident snide, nit-picking, grammar nazi, bear-baiting, teasing, over-analysing, self-important grumpy old *******.

Merry Christmas.

*opens mouth to say something, Michael speaks, closes mouth*

Took the words out of my mouth! Now Raheem, kindly stop with the challenging behaviour, it's not appreciated - it makes you look silly.

Back to EPG censorship - I do love the way VM's statements are all jokingly prepared like that 'an*lising the bug'

Whatever you say Mike...
baa
At the very least, you can't knock his steadfast adherence to not letting the buggers grind you down.
Michael3,990 posts since 5 Sep 2005
I have to PIN (1234 of course) anything with a content warning on Demand; also with regard to 470-497, there's the peculiar situation of while they are blocked (for convenience's sake more than protecting my non-existent kids) that pressing the channel up/down button skips straight from 469 to 511, if you press enter to bring up the infobox and then cycle through the channels going left/right, they all appear available for you to select.
VMPhil8,881 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
I have to PIN (1234 of course) anything with a content warning on Demand; also with regard to 470-497, there's the peculiar situation of while they are blocked (for convenience's sake more than protecting my non-existent kids) that pressing the channel up/down button skips straight from 469 to 511, if you press enter to bring up the infobox and then cycle through the channels going left/right, they all appear available for you to select.

I was going to mention that, but I didn't because I thought I'd already put my point across fairly well. But yeah, that's true.

I don't think that happens on TiVo.
Inspector Sands12,656 posts since 25 Aug 2004

That happens with any channel you don't subscribe to, it's not just a feature of the adult section.
Sky786583 posts since 2 Oct 2011

That happens with any channel you don't subscribe to, it's not just a feature of the adult section.

Yes, on my one I don't have sky movies and mine just skips right past to the next "section"
David
I have to PIN (1234 of course) anything with a content warning on Demand.

Wouldn't it be quicker to have pin number of 1111? Why are you moving your finger about when you don't need to?