TV Home Forum

New CBBC studio

Monday 5th September (August 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Yeah, I think it was something like 0-6 = Cbeebies, 6-12 = CBBC, 13-17 = Switch. But Switch's demise means that teens don't have a BBC outlet. Maybe they just watch less TV nowadays? After all, Trouble was aimed at teens, but closed last year (and even if it hadn't closed then, it would've probably closed when Bravo did).
JO
Jonny
Ah, yes, makes sense that they've (un)officially inherited the Switch remit. Just stuck out like a sore thumb at 4.30pm on BBC1... good lead in for Shaun the Sheep, I wonder?

Thinking about it, there was also a trail for a suspiciously BBC3 sounding "kids go to developing nation and promise to change from now on" travelogue airing on the Channel at 6ish.

Perhaps instating an unbranded but set in stone 7-8pm weekday block on Three (channelling the old 6-7 BBC2 slot) as a bridge from CBBC's close would better serve the audience, with the right content of course?
BA
baa
Would be interesting to see if it'd be separately branded like DEF II was if it proves popular enough. Probably won't though, always seems like that's been the BBC's lost social group that they've never managed to get to.
DA
David
I can't post a link as I am on my phone, but it appears that Andy Crane is doing or has done something for CBBC today according to his Twitter.
VM
VMPhil
He's aged a bit in the past few years! I'm sure I saw him on a show a few years ago and he didn't look this old.

Still, looking forward to seeing this. Hopefully a guest presenter spot like when Dick and Dom were on.
J1
j10cool10
Iain Stirling's Twitter posted:
Vintage Broom Cupboard. Andy Crane. CBBC 5pm.
DA
David
It will be recorded. I guess that is normal for the CBBC channel though.
J1
j10cool10
David posted:
It will be recorded. I guess that is normal for the CBBC channel though.

Usually the afternoon links are broadcast Live. But I suppose this one was recorded earlier due to Andy Crane being on BBC Radio Manchester?
JA
james
Nice link there. Laughing
FA
fanoftv
Poor Andy Crane being kept on a box, haha.
A nice little cameo and many mentions from the early 90's of Ant & Dec in Byker Grove, John Craven's Newsround, and asking to get your song sheets for the Willy Fogg singalong. Brilliant stuff.
BU
buster
Any chance of someone putting it online?

Here's a pic from Iain's Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/IainDoesJokes/status/149135707942825985/photo/1
J1
j10cool10
Any chance of someone putting it online?

I'm just uploading it to YouTube now.

Last edited by j10cool10 on 20 December 2011 5:19pm

Newer posts