TV Home Forum

BBC Television: Children In Need 2011

TV Forum Running Commentary (November 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
The Collective in at number 24. Ouch.
ST
stevek2
David posted:
. I expect he would have preferred to sing a medley of The Beatles songs with Hugh Dennis and that woman instead of dressing up like a goon.

that woman?

I assume you mean Claire Skinner, it's not that hard to look a name up before posting.

outnumbered will have to do a 'cousing oliver' like the brady bunch and introduce a smaller cuter child since the youngest is about ten

I like tumble towers's running commentry, if you dont like them you dont have to read them
JO
Jon
David posted:
. I expect he would have preferred to sing a medley of The Beatles songs with Hugh Dennis and that woman instead of dressing up like a goon.

that woman?

I assume you mean Claire Skinner, it's not that hard to look a name up before posting.

Don't be ridiculous .
DA
David
David posted:

that woman?

A lot of research went in to my post actually. I had to look up the biggest boys age and the correct spelling of 'Dennis' (I was thinking it might be Denis for some reason). Now you want me to look up a third fact too?

When Tumble Tower makes a post with meticulously researched facts (times, dates, places and dietary information), he gets criticised for it. Sometimes I think you just can't win around here.

I like tumble towers's running commentry, if you dont like them you dont have to read them

Agreed!
PT
Put The Telly On
I can see CIN being merged with CIN Rocks in a few years from now. Although I think it'd be more costly.
WE
Westy2
In the words of Vic Reeves, this year was 'Very Poor', with the exception of Dr Who!
JO
Jon
I can see CIN being merged with CIN Rocks in a few years from now. Although I think it'd be more costly.

How would merging two events into one be more costly? Confused
KN
knack

Could be a solution for when they vacate Television Centre by having the entire telethon from an arena with the CIN Rocks element combined as you describe. It's not going to be the same if not in TV Centre so instead of just coming from another studio this could be a way forward. It could come from a different location in the UK each year. As the audience interaction was more or less zero this year and because so much of it is just musical performances, I'm sure they could make it work well.
PE
Pete Founding member
Didn't realise he now had a missus too - Blush Bear.

Blush is Pudsy's "pal", nothing more. As such I'm told there are guidelines about not referring to them as "boyfriend/girlfriend", and their head should not be seen to touch.

True? I don't know - but a pal was answering phones for CIN in Scotland on Friday and this is what he learned.

oh the rules & regs are quite real. you get a set if you ever dare try on a pudsey suit.

Another fact: pudsey's bandage does not mean he is unwell, he just wears it, he is not in pain.

"Pudsey must never speak" is written in big writing on the first page.
VM
VMPhil
Pete posted:
Another fact: pudsey's bandage does not mean he is unwell, he just wears it, he is not in pain.

Even though they referenced it in the voiceover on the top 25 moments show on BBC Three?
PE
Pete Founding member
Pete posted:

Even though they referenced it in the voiceover on the top 25 moments show on BBC Three?

It says in the book, he is not in pain. Clearly the fools who did the BBC3 show did not read the book.
VM
VMPhil
Pete posted:
Pete posted:

It says in the book, he is not in pain. Clearly the fools who did the BBC3 show did not read the book.

Sort of in a jokey way really. It was the Casualty sketch. Voiceover man said "Ignoring the obvious injuries to the head, the crew get to work on fixing Pudsey's broken heart... etc".

Newer posts