TV Home Forum

Great TV Themes of the Past, Present and Remixes

(November 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
Some of the translated dubbed versions of the Fireman Sam and Postman Pat themes that appear in related videos are quite interesting. The production values in some countries are better than others!

Here's Danger Mouse the way I remember it (including the closing theme at 13:30):

RE
remlap
So that's how it sounds in English!

Why Fireman Sam has such memories is because I grew up a very similar South Wales valleys town to Fireman Sam not exactly the Rhondda but close.

Fireman Sam was a fun poke at Welsh life I could recognise the traits in the people, Ridolis ice cream sold at Bella's café while in reality Sidolis Italian Ice Cream is made up the road from here.

MM
MissMercury
I loved Fireman Sam!! all of these videos are taking me back!
TT
Tumble Tower
Regarding a couple of recent posts... I too liked the opening sequence to Juliet Bravo, and the 70s opening sequence of Sesame Street.

How about the opening to Only Fools and Horses

And the Only Fools and Horses closing credits (black and white)

Also what about the opening sequence to the ITV schools programme Let's Go Maths. It's the fourth opening along in the following set of sequences:

N.B. I couldn't find a standalone Let's Go Maths opening sequence.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member

I'm particularly impressed with the credit that goes to "Red Buttons".

Not to mention "Fannie Flagg".

Never mind a flag, I'd need a canary in a cage.
JW
JamesWorldNews
I can't post the links for some strange reason today, but the following are also glorious to listen to:

The Waltons / The Professionals / Z Cars / Crimewatch UK original lauch version / MasterTeam / Full orchestral live version of Coronation Street.
CH
Chie
MD
mdtauk
Breakfast with Frost => The Andrew Marr Show

On the Record => The Politics Show => Daily Politics on Sunday
VM
VMPhil

We all want to go back to the 90s, but it'll never happen.
MD
mdtauk

I was just making a point about how as much as things change, they stay the same.
VM
VMPhil

I was just making a point about how as much as things change, they stay the same.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were using the arrow as an indicator that x is greater than y. Didn't take in the equals sign.
MD
mdtauk

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were using the arrow as an indicator that x is greater than y. Didn't take in the equals sign.

No no no, just showing how the same type of programme, changes its name, but shows the same kind of content.

If you wanted to know my thoughts, the On the Record theme beats The Politics Show 's, but I think The Andrew Marr Show 's theme is better than Breakfast with Frost 's

On the Record

The Andrew Marr Show

Newer posts