Media Websites

Channel 1 Idents

Have we been here before? (September 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james
Here we go again......

http://channel1idents.yolasite.com/

Another wonderful site with NO content.
Last edited by james on 21 September 2011 8:26pm - 2 times in total
RO
rob Founding member
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

That's all.
CR
Critique
BBC Presentation? Why, hello again, Darren, of BritishTVIdents...
MI
Michael
Right, I'll say it before, and I'll say it again.

THE IDENT WEBSITE THING HAS BEEN DONE. TV HOME DID IT. TV-ARK IS DOING IT. THE TV ROOM IS SORTA DOING IT. TV LIVE IS DOING IT. TVPRESUK IS DOING IT. TIG IS DOING IT. 625 IS DOING IT. SKYIDENTS IS GETTING THERE JUST ABOUT.

So, like I say to kids who've downloaded Winamp and then play Rihanna on a 24 hour loop and call it a radio station, STOP. It's not worth it. It's over man. Totally over.
RO
rob Founding member
Well said Mike.

Oh, and TV Live's back tomorrow...
TO
tomo359
First of all... Why??!?!

Secondly, why bother promoting a website with NOTHING on it??!
JA
james
Right, I'll say it before, and I'll say it again.

THE IDENT WEBSITE THING HAS BEEN DONE. TV HOME DID IT. TV-ARK IS DOING IT. THE TV ROOM IS SORTA DOING IT. TV LIVE IS DOING IT. TVPRESUK IS DOING IT. TIG IS DOING IT. 625 IS DOING IT. SKYIDENTS IS GETTING THERE JUST ABOUT.

So, like I say to kids who've downloaded Winamp and then play Rihanna on a 24 hour loop and call it a radio station, STOP. It's not worth it. It's over man. Totally over.

What about RegionArk?!?!!? - The regional fansite which can be found at the lovely domain of www.regionark.co.uk Wink

/plug

EDIT : Apparently the site owner (Darren) wants this thread to be deleted (he is whinging on Twitter). Even if it is deleted, it won't hide the fact his site is sh*t.
Last edited by james on 21 September 2011 8:41pm - 2 times in total
MI
Michael
james posted:
What about RegionArk?!?!!? - The regional fansite which can be found at the lovely domain of www.regionark.co.uk Wink

/plug

Sorry, your £5 was delayed in the post.
BA
baa
So the field of television presentation coverage websites is a heavy and oversaturated one. Problem is nobody's doing any serious analysis of it leaving it to old timers like 625 and Transdiffusion (as well as idents.tv) to deal with the critical part of visual identity which isn't as simple as capturing an ident and uploading it to YouTube and has something to offer if you're more interested in the technical aspects more than if the music works well.

Get some more of that, might have something going, at least then you won't get as many bored kids/deluded 20-30somethings making throwaway sites.
JA
james
Just to confirm, it is Darren who is running this site. Surprised I know everyone must be as shocked as I am to find out that news. Laughing
DB
dbl
*Sigh*

32 days later

ED
edmund
Once again it has closed http://channel1idents.yolasite.com/

Newer posts