TV Home Forum

X Factor: 2011

THE WINNER IS.......... Is there a X factor 2012? (April 2011)

GE
georgebligh London London
I think they should do the American Idol SMS voting system when it is free on a certain network, hence a product placement deal for example - 'To vote for Janet text VOTE JANET to 61234 free from your O2 mobile' or something similar to that. Also, the phone votes are free on American Idol too from a landline. Plus online voting is free too in the US.

Here is an example of a Text Vote aston from American Idol with the AT&T product placement deal used.

I'm not sure Talk Talk would be too happy with a rival phone company having product placement. Talk Talk Mobile maybe!. Laughing I'm almost sure that's the reason the final's at Wembley rather than the 02 Arena.

Speaking of which, obvioulsy it's only the first year it's been allowed , but considering it's such a big show, I was suprised that this years show hasn't featured any product placement i.e like Pepsi drink cups on the US show. Pepsi/Coca Cola most likely wouldn't be allowed over here becuase of the restrictions on sugary/fatty foods, but you'd think one of the bottled water companies or similar would. Even more suprising considering the tie in's there've announced with M&S etc.

I never thought about the Wembley Arena/O2 Arena type scenario. Good point though!
Does anyone know of any news on a new set this year? The old one has been used for 2 years now so maybe they can get another year out of it, but with all this 'Next Generation' promotion, maybe a new one is in the pipeline?

And I predict that either of these titles will be in use from next week . . .

ST
Stedixon Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I think they should do the American Idol SMS voting system when it is free on a certain network, hence a product placement deal for example - 'To vote for Janet text VOTE JANET to 61234 free from your O2 mobile' or something similar to that. Also, the phone votes are free on American Idol too from a landline. Plus online voting is free too in the US.

Here is an example of a Text Vote aston from American Idol with the AT&T product placement deal used.

I'm not sure Talk Talk would be too happy with a rival phone company having product placement. Talk Talk Mobile maybe!. Laughing I'm almost sure that's the reason the final's at Wembley rather than the 02 Arena.

Speaking of which, obvioulsy it's only the first year it's been allowed , but considering it's such a big show, I was suprised that this years show hasn't featured any product placement i.e like Pepsi drink cups on the US show. Pepsi/Coca Cola most likely wouldn't be allowed over here becuase of the restrictions on sugary/fatty foods, but you'd think one of the bottled water companies or similar would. Even more suprising considering the tie in's there've announced with M&S etc.

I never thought about the Wembley Arena/O2 Arena type scenario. Good point though!
Does anyone know of any news on a new set this year? The old one has been used for 2 years now so maybe they can get another year out of it, but with all this 'Next Generation' promotion, maybe a new one is in the pipeline?

Slight problem with both those titles, the end location is not London!
GE

Very true but that can easily be altered like the Australia titles (skip to 2:26)

KN
knack STV Central Reporting Scotland

Very true but that can easily be altered like the Australia titles (skip to 2:26)

The X is heading for Europe there and then all of a sudden appears over Australia.
GE
knack posted:

The X is heading for Europe there and then all of a sudden appears over Australia.

Exactly, but I don't think the majority of viewers will notice that to be honest. It's easier to use the USA titles as they can then just use the London skyline
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today

Didn't they have auditions at the O2 - and indeed have had auditions/boot camp there for a few years.

As for the set - I hope they kept it as it doesn't need changing - and I think they will and then next year we'll get a new set based on whatever they use in the US.
Last edited by Brekkie on 3 October 2011 7:09pm
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
GE

Didn't they have auditioned at the O2 - and indeed have had auditions/boot camp there for a few years.

As for the set - I hope they kept it as it doesn't need changing - and I think they will and then next year we'll get a new set based on whatever they use in the US.

I reckon the US series will use our current set?
My person favourite was the one used in the 2006/07/08 years.
DS
Didely Squit! Meridian (Thames Valley) Oxford
Exactly the same set this year although they are using a different variation of it for the Final at Wembley Arena. The USA set is a complete redesign as far as I understand.
BR
I usually regret asking technically questions on here as you generally get technical answers, but here goes - is there any particular reason on US talent shows they had mics fixed on the judges desk rather than having the judges miced up as he in the UK. Doesn't look good when the judges have to lean into the mic to be heard!

And can't believe ITV2 still have The Only Way is Essex promo DOG slapped across the front of the screen. Also doesn't seem to be much talent on the US version either. The UK version has been lacking this year, but they've done a much better job of selling characters across - and all in all it's a better production than the US version.
JA
james
I usually regret asking technically questions on here as you generally get technical answers, but here goes - is there any particular reason on US talent shows they had mics fixed on the judges desk rather than having the judges miced up as he in the UK. Doesn't look good when the judges have to lean into the mic to be heard!

Its just a tradition using those mics I think. Those type have always been on US talent shows.
BR
Well if that's all it is it's time they moved with the times. Several times tonight on The X Factor USA they had to put subtitles up because the judges were not close enough to the mics.
JA
james
Well if that's all it is it's time they moved with the times. Several times tonight on The X Factor USA they had to put subtitles up because the judges were not close enough to the mics.

I guess they could have them as 'props' only if they wanted to keep the design.

Newer posts