TV Home Forum

The CBBC Thread

Idents refreshed (July 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
I often catch the tail end of Newsround when I get in from work.

It feels very much like the same show I remember from years ago - but with a bit of friendly banter in the outro.

I like that chap. He seems enthusiastic without being annoying, and has a sense of humour.

Plus he's hot.
BR
Brekkie
At the risk of going all Daily Mail why on earth does Newsround now have two presenters for a seven minute bulletin?

I think its to give it more of a friendlier feel.

In other words it is to make it more patronising.

And I disagree Gavin. Have only been catching it again this week due to Pointless but compared to a couple of years back when I think Elle was the main presenter it seems to have dumbed down to the extreme.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
At the risk of going all Daily Mail why on earth does Newsround now have two presenters for a seven minute bulletin?

And I disagree Gavin. Have only been catching it again this week due to Pointless but compared to a couple of years back when I think Elle was the main presenter it seems to have dumbed down to the extreme.

Have no memory of Ellie. It sort of goes: John Craven > someone I don't remember > last week with that hottie.

There are gaps, you see, and I can't explain them all.
BR
Brekkie

Have no memory of Ellie. It sort of goes: John Craven > someone I don't remember > last week with that hottie.

There are gaps, you see, and I can't explain them all.

LOL.
NT
NorthTonight
Caught Newsround tonight presented by two females ( sorry no idea who they were ). Ended a bit clumsily, as well as a bit of a short blooper when one began reading something from the autocue, that was meant for the other - just a word or two, but still noticeable.
SP
Steve in Pudsey

But in that time the target audience for CBBC and thus Newsround has been changed to be much younger, thus it's not surprising for it to appear somewhat dumbed down.

43 days later

J1
j10cool10
First afternoon from the new set should be Monday 5th September 2011.

(And just thought I'd say that after 2 1/2 years my YouTube Channel uploading Iain and Hacker's continuity links has been closed by the BBC. Crying or Very sad)
BU
buster
When's the final day from TV Centre, previous Friday? (and some pre-records over the weekend, no doubt)
J1
j10cool10
When's the final day from TV Centre, previous Friday? (and some pre-records over the weekend, no doubt)

The weekends are always pre-recorded. The final live day from TVC should be Friday, as 2 of the presenters are still in London and 2 have moved to Manchester ready for the Monday.
AL
alpha12
Are they moving to mediacity this week?
J1
j10cool10
Are they moving to mediacity this week?

First afternoon from the new set should be Monday 5th September 2011.
BE
benriggers
(And just thought I'd say that after 2 1/2 years my YouTube Channel uploading Iain and Hacker's continuity links has been closed by the BBC. Crying or Very sad)

That seems strange. Normally BBC (or BBC Worldwide) take down clips of programmes. Is this the first case of BBC taking down Continuity Links?

Newer posts