The Newsroom

London/UK Riots Coverage (Sky News/BBC News Channel)

News Teams/Satellite Trucks were attacked. (August 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
She does often put her foot in her mouth but even so she is brilliant at her job in that respect.

Could you explain that one?

Brilliant at being woefully inadequate?
BA
Badger264
She does often put her foot in her mouth but even so she is brilliant at her job in that respect.

Could you explain that one?

Brilliant at being woefully inadequate?

She tries to ask different questions or does raise valid points but she isn't very tactful with her wording.
AN
all new Phil
I have to admit Gav, I'm a closet fan of hers. She lacks tact a lot of the time, but she's excellent at playing devil's advocate. Despite all the criticism of her and her "bias", I couldn't even guess where her political allegiances lie because she hides it well.
WO
Worzel
BBC News Channel now live on the ground in Ealing with Clive Myrie (finally), from the same street Sky News are on, you can see Kay Burley in her distinctive plum coloured jacket just in front of Clive.
AN
Ant
Anyone else think Sky could do with changing their split-screen graphics slightly? The LIVE box is always in-between the two screens, even when only one of the inputs is indeed live.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
I have to admit Gav, I'm a closet fan of hers. She lacks tact a lot of the time, but she's excellent at playing devil's advocate. Despite all the criticism of her and her "bias", I couldn't even guess where her political allegiances lie because she hides it well.

Philybaby, you can like whoever you want and that's ok with me.

I just think she spends too much time playing "devil's advocate", when she's there to report events and what those involved have to say.

I think she's as daft as a brush, although playing devil's advocate, brushes at least have their uses.
WO
Worzel
Is that former Police Officer that is talking and walking with Kay acting as her body guard as well... seems like it!
WO
Worzel
Sky copter back up Live.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Kay Burleys gem of the day; "I've been in London 20 odd years, I always thought it was quite posh".

I wouldn't normally stick up for her, but in this case I've heard the full clip on the radio and she was specifically talking about Ealing.

JT now in the Sky Centre, the best place to cover what might happen tonight, really.
JA
jamesmd

Philybaby, you can like whoever you want and that's ok with me.

I just think she spends too much time playing "devil's advocate", when she's there to report events and what those involved have to say.

I think she's as daft as a brush, although playing devil's advocate, brushes at least have their uses.

Certainly would be more useful as a brush than as a news presenter today
WO
Worzel
Quote:
by AnnaAdamsBBC
A special edition of @bbcquestiontime has just been announced for Thursday - live on BBC One, 22:35 BST #bbcqt
WO
Worzel
I bet the Sky News reporter Rachel Younger has regretted what she said in Croydon.

'Its all really quiet here'...

2 minutes later...

'We can hear sirens in the background, people are getting on walls to have a look at whats going on'.

Newer posts