The Newsroom

BBC News move to Broadcasting House (W1)

Expected to happen next year (2012). (June 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WO
Worzel
I came across this article today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13746250

It says that BBC News is pretty much expected to move next year. A question though, with the Olympic Games happening - will they move before or after them?

Are there any up to date pics from inside the new newsroom lurking around yet?
DV
DVB Cornwall
The Olympic Games being an enormous hurdle (sorry for the metaphor) argument to all sorts of things, especially in broadcasting circles, is overdone. Yes there'll be a few more news stories but with the actual games content being handled independently, the perceived resource issues are being exaggerated.
IN
Intheknow2
Another appalling waste of licence payers money along with the ridiculous move of the BBC Breakfast programme to Manchester that has destroyed morale on the programme. It seems the managers of the BBC can do whatever they desire with OUR money not only with these moves but in training people on new equipment/days way/house moves/etc etc...How much is this all costing US..?

The BBC News Operations department needs to get the many internal issues they have sorted first before purchasing fancy expensive new equipment for the studios ... with OUR money.

I predict many problems ahead.
CH
chris
I came across this article today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13746250

It says that BBC News is pretty much expected to move next year. A question though, with the Olympic Games happening - will they move before or after them?

Are there any up to date pics from inside the new newsroom lurking around yet?

There's a whole thread dedicated to the moves here including photographs and I think discussions should stick to there until the move actually starts.

Another appalling waste of licence payers money along with the ridiculous move of the BBC Breakfast programme to Manchester that has destroyed morale on the programme. It seems the managers of the BBC can do whatever they desire with OUR money not only with these moves but in training people on new equipment/days way/house moves/etc etc...How much is this all costing US..?

The BBC News Operations department needs to get the many internal issues they have sorted first before purchasing fancy expensive new equipment for the studios ... with OUR money.

I predict many problems ahead.

Read the above thread before jumping to conclusions in a Daily Mail-like way. The government were insistent on the move to Salford (not Manchester), equipment changes all the time whether they're in TVC or Broadcasting House, and what many internal issues has BBC News got?
VM
VMPhil
I'm really looking forward to the move to W1, although I know a lot of people will be shifting jobs or not wanting to move.

The new studio looks fantastic and I can't wait to see a real live backdrop instead of the fake one we have now.
AC
aconnell
The thing is that when in Broadcasting House, for the first time ever, World Service and BBC News (both domestic and international) will be together in the same building, making the whole process of newsgathering much more efficient and sensical.

I hope that this more practical arrangement will be seen on-screen as well. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Newer posts