The Gallery

Daybreak Mock

Mix of NBC, GMTV, and This Morning (June 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TV Matters
Been working on this for around a week now, it's a mash of NBC Today, GMTV and This morning all in to one know as "daybreak".
Main Titles

Headlines

Straps

JA
james
I like them. I like the way that the straps are not just square. Very nice work. Very Happy
JK
JK08
I do really like this, but I do think that on the last picture with the web address that the strap needs to be a tad more opaque! But all in all, really good. Well done! Very Happy
Also the logo reminds me of the wi-fi symbol but I'm not sure if that is just me! :L
DB
dbl
I see you've taken *some* inspiration from NBC's Today. The straps/astons are too small though, and too transparent. Maybe use a more sexier font? Try adding some Gaussian Blur to the background, the background sticks out quite a bit. otherwise, not bad.
AG
AxG
Name and breaking news astons, are far too small to read.

Calibri doesn't work here, it's far too associated with Microsoft, Windows and especially mockers who don't bother looking at other fonts, and stick to the default one.

Don't like the use of bevels, the Sport scores and the graph.
MW
Mike W
I think it's tacky, myself. Calibri, nay. Vile typography, terrible bevels. Nice colour scheme...
The logo is weak though.
CH
chris
Much better than what they have now! Not sure about the font but other than that, superb!
EE
EdExcel
I like it, but maybe think about change the strips - they are awful as they are now.
SN
The SNT Three
I like the background, but don't really like how it's all very boxy - it seems everything is in a box! Like, the picture of Lucy doing the weather, Osama Bin Laden picture - perhaps that doesn't need to be in a box, full screen would probably have a better impact.

Also like said earlier, the text on the Breaking News astons is far too small.

All in all though, it's got potential Smile

Newer posts