The Gallery

Eurovision 2011 Recreation

My first attempt at a mock design (June 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TO
topdog2006
Thought you might like to see my first attempt at recreating the graphics from this years Eurovision Song Contest: I'd love to hear you comments on how it can be improved etc.

JA
james
It's not bad. Smile I would make the text anti-aliased though, to make it look smoother.
TV
TV Matters
I really like the design of these graphics and the layout of them Very Happy. The only improvement that I would make is in your straps with the Black and Grey boxes - I like how they create the "gloss" effect, however they could to with a tinted gradient in grey box, or even both boxes.
TO
topdog2006
Thanks for your comments so far- the text actually looks a lot smoother when the graphics are at full size, it seems to have been the resizing of the images which have caused it to look a lot worse.
JA
james
Thanks for your comments so far- the text actually looks a lot smoother when the graphics are at full size, it seems to have been the resizing of the images which have caused it to look a lot worse.

Try saving the images as either a higher quality JPG or if you cannot make the quality any higher try PNG. This will help make the image look smoother. Very Happy
DO
dosxuk

What are you resizing your images with?
DB
dbl
It's not bad, but your text needs to be Anti-Alised, and ease off the JPEG compression. What software are you using?

18 days later

TO
topdog2006
Thanks for your comments guys- as I mentioned, this is the first time I've ever tried anything like this so it's great to hear some positives. I actually created these in Powerpoint then simply exported them as jpegs. As I'm just a beginner at making these mocks I'm still learning about the anti-alaising of text etc.

Are there any programs which you could suggest which I could learn to make these in to make them even better- and possibly add some movement?

Newer posts