TV Home Forum

Elisabeth Sladen dies

Elisabeth Sladen, who played Sarah Jane in Doctor Who, has died at the age of 63. (April 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
The Liz Sladen tribute on CBBC is very well done.

EDIT: Nice respectful closedown as well.
BE
besty
Nice tribute at the start of Doctor Who as well. Shame there was nothing for Nicholas Courtney though - maybe episode 2?
WA
watchingtv
besty posted:
Nice tribute at the start of Doctor Who as well.

And I am pleased to say it is also on the iplayer.
CR
Critique
Seeing as CBBC don't have a Serious ident, they played a quick sting, which faded into an animated slide that you'd usually see at the end of CBBC on BBC One, with the announcer mentioning what was up next.
JO
Joe
faded into an animated slide that you'd usually see at the end of CBBC on BBC One, with the announcer mentioning what was up next.

Didn't get that on the online CBBC stream. Confused
DB
dbl
Tribute ended>CBBC sting>fade to black
BE
benriggers
Such a great Tribute to a brilliant actress.
BU
buster
Seeing as CBBC don't have a Serious ident, they played a quick sting, which faded into an animated slide that you'd usually see at the end of CBBC on BBC One, with the announcer mentioning what was up next.

It ended with a serious sting - just the CBBC logo form-up with some swooshing noises.
JA
JAS84
Slightly off topic, but is the actor who plays Rani's dad in these 'still to be transmitted episodes' as he now appears to be in the current Eastenders regular cast as their regular doctor character?

Indeed he is.
It's not like he's needed on set all the time is it? He can probably do all his scenes for an episode in one day.
WP
WillPS
Nicely done, I must say. Bit sad there was nothing for Nicholas Courtney but hopefully a further episode will be dedicated to him, and perhaps there'll be a tribute on Confidential.
TR
trivialmatters

There was talk I believe about whether said slide should be white or black, as a black version was made. White was chosen in the end as the programme was supposed to be a celebration of her work, not a sad programme. I hadn't seen the glowing CBBC logo in the box before, I wonder if it was made specially for this?
DA
davidhorman
I thought the usual animated CBBC DOG was a bit inappropriate, as was the "new" underneath, but aside from that tiny point I thought it was a great little tribute, kept firmly in the real world when there could have been a temptation to do a bit of a character bio, and will hopefully help a few of her younger fans through things.

I was sorry to see no contribution from Tom Baker, though of course he wouldn't mean quite as much to your usual CBBC viewer as Matt Smith and DT.

David
Last edited by davidhorman on 25 April 2011 1:54am

Newer posts