TV Home Forum

Elisabeth Sladen dies

Elisabeth Sladen, who played Sarah Jane in Doctor Who, has died at the age of 63. (April 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CR
Critique
This will most likely be split from the main thread soon enough, so I thought we could get ahead and start here.

It's being tweeted, and is trending, that Elisabeth Sladen has died, following complications with Cancer. Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed this on Twitter, and various websites, like GallifreyBase, are also reporting it.

R.I.P to her if this is true - a great actress.
VM
VMPhil
Very, very sad and untimely death if this is true.

I am really and utterly shocked. I had no idea about her health.

Really am truly sad to see such a brilliant actress go.
ST
Stuart
Blimey! That's sad, and quite a shock.

I don't normally respond to RIP threads, but she was young (63 isn't old), so it's very surprising.
Last edited by Stuart on 19 April 2011 9:18pm - 3 times in total
JA
james
This will most likely be split from the main thread soon enough, so I thought we could get ahead and start here.

It's being tweeted, and is trending, that Elisabeth Sladen has died, following complications with Cancer. Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed this on Twitter, and various websites, like GallifreyBase, are also reporting it.

R.I.P to her if this is true - a great actress.

I said it in the other thread but thought I would post again here. RIP Elisabeth Sladen.
CR
Critique
She was 63 years old. Quite a shock, I thought so too. Nothing had been mentioned previously.
SG
SatGold
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a315484/elisabeth-sladen-dies-aged-63.html
FA
fanoftv
Following on from other posters, a big shock when I read this.
A brilliant actress who like the Doctor Who brand has had a massive resurgence in recent years, and been a part in one of the biggest CBBC drama productions through Sarah Jane Adventures.

A great loss. R.I.P.
CR
Critique
Whilst ITV News is confirming it via 'sources' on Twitter, other places are not confirming it yet. BBC News are rolling with a statement that she has died - don't think they've confirmed yet.

EDIT: Brief BBC News article
AG
AxG
Really shocked by this, did not know she was suffering from cancer. Hopefully there will be a "Dedicated to..." caption at the end of the first Doctor Who episode. RIP Elisabeth Sladen. Sad Crying or Very sad
ST
Stuart
AxG posted:
Really shocked by this, did not know she was suffering from cancer. Hopefully there will be a "Dedicated to..." caption at the end of the first Doctor Who episode. RIP Elisabeth Sladen. Sad Crying or Very sad

I would hope so....
WE
Westy2
How friendly off screen was she with David Tennant, as it's his 40th today & I bet that's dampened celabrations for him?

(If I was in his shoes, it would for me!)
FA
fanoftv
Following on from other posters, a big shock when I read this.
A brilliant actress who like the Doctor Who brand has had a massive resurgence in recent years, and been a part in one of the biggest CBBC drama productions through Sarah Jane Adventures.

A great loss. R.I.P.

Newer posts