Media Websites

TV Forum's 10th Birthday

Celebrating 10 years online - 22/03/11 (March 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
BTW I notice the top image has had a bit of an update. Where is that ITN News Channel breakdown slide from?
CR
Critique
BTW I notice the top image has had a bit of an update. Where is that ITN News Channel breakdown slide from?

When I mentioned it earlier in the thread and no-one mentioned it after I thought I was hallucinating! Glad someone else has seen a change too!
VM
VMPhil
Some of the pictures have been changed and/or moved around, and a shadow effect has been added:

http://tvfi/beta/bkgd/head-collage.jpg
http://tvfi/beta/bkgd/head-collage-ten.jpg

This is I'm guessing only going to appear for this week or so. Still loving the "TV Forum at ten" logo though!
DA
David

It is from the ITN News Channel (probably). Anyway, you would only be seeing that if you have somehow blocked the banner adverts and that is as bad as steeling food straight from Asa's mouth.
RO
rob Founding member
David posted:

It is from the ITN News Channel (probably). Anyway, you would only be seeing that if you have somehow blocked the banner adverts and that is as bad as steeling food straight from Asa's mouth.

He could have right clicked and selected "View image" like I did...
CR
Critique
rob posted:
David posted:

Or, he could visit from a mobile device, like a BlackBerry, where you get a slightly transparent box, void of adverts.
PE
Pete Founding member
One thing I've been unable to find any copies of is images of the red version of The Lounge. Have scoured the wayback machines without success Sad
DA
David
rob posted:

Or, he could visit from a mobile device, like a BlackBerry, where you get a slightly transparent box, void of adverts.

I still prefer my thief steeling food from Asa's mouth theory.
AS
Asa Admin
chris posted:
Has anybody got any screenshots to show how the design of the forum has progressed?

Not every era, but travel back in time, shrink your browser window a bit and view:

The earliest forum page I still have
How it looked during the early Ikonboard era

And yes, spot the date on the original topic. I think the forum 'launched' that weekend but was converted over to Ikonboard later that week, which is when registrations began.
VM
VMPhil
I have seen an increase in the use of visible moderation, which I commend. Especially Asa's recent post in the Sky News pres thread. Keep it up!
GO
gottago
Asa posted:
chris posted:
Has anybody got any screenshots to show how the design of the forum has progressed?

Not every era, but travel back in time, shrink your browser window a bit and view:

And yes, spot the date on the original topic. I think the forum 'launched' that weekend but was converted over to Ikonboard later that week, which is when registrations began.

I love the fact that the earliest post you have has to be one of the most typical of TV Forum over all these years!
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Asa posted:
chris posted:

Wow, that's a blast from the past, Asa. Strangely, though, I felt right at home looking at those pages. I'm really looking forward to seeing some more old threads when you get them up and running, although I'm not looking forward to seeing my cringeworthy posts as a 14 year old!!

By the way, Asa, can you remember when you asked me to be the first moderator? I recall you did at least a couple of months flying solo and I'm fairly sure I was still in school when you asked me, so I think it was before July 2001 when the school term would have ended for summer. I want to say June 2001 but can't be 100% certain.

Newer posts