TV Home Forum

X Factor 2011

(March 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
I'm glad she's no longer hosting Xtra Factor, she made the show feel awkward, the humorous aspect of the show just didn't translate well with her.
BR
Brekkie
Along with axing Konnie though I do think they need to get back to the point of The Xtra Factor for the live shows and feature the contestants prominently once again. Last year they were reduced to brief on stage interviews at the beginning and the occasional VT, when previously they'd featured pretty much throughout the show. The emphasis unfortunately became too much on the judges calls - which was a great idea when they first did it, but became tedious doing it on every show and increasingly featuring the same callers calling back in.

In a way now The Xtra Factor suffers from the same problem BBLB did towards the end - all the behind the scenes stuff and discussion is out there already without the need for it to be packaged into a show with an online 24/7 presence and pretty much a 24/7 presence in the media too.
BA
Bail Moderator
So you obviously had low expectations to start with by not watching it out of choice and you did not get to view many og konnies qualities by not watching the programme which leaves you ill informed to comment on her performance and departure is xtra factor host.

No-one really cares I'm afraid, please don't continue with this line of posting, by all means use the thread to discuss the X-Factor but obsessing over presenters, departed or not, does not contribute to the forum.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
Bail posted:
So you obviously had low expectations to start with by not watching it out of choice and you did not get to view many og konnies qualities by not watching the programme which leaves you ill informed to comment on her performance and departure is xtra factor host.

No-one really cares I'm afraid, please don't continue with this line of posting, by all means use the thread to discuss the X-Factor but obsessing over presenters, departed or not, does not contribute to the forum.

Don't be ridiculous. Why are you singling out me? I was just pointing out that media phil commented on konnie huq's presenting style negatively without even watching a significant amount of the program. I am entitled to comment on her presenting style and will continue to do so.
BA
Bail Moderator
I've singled you out because all but your very first post in this thread has been less than constructive or of any value to the topic at hand. You've made your feelings about the presenters departure clear, if people disagree, whatever the reason, then so be it.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
I was merely highlighting the fact that a member gave an opinion that was not backed up and without reason. For example I don't comment about Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley on the Daybreak thread because I don't watch the program and I feel therefore it would be unfair for me to do so. The same should apply to members posting on this thread in my opinion.
SP
Sput
If plymouth teaches us anything, it's that using formal prose doesn't alter the fact your post is crappy in the first place.
MI
Michael
I was merely highlighting the fact that a member gave an opinion that was not backed up and without reason. For example I don't comment about Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley on the Daybreak thread because I don't watch the program and I feel therefore it would be unfair for me to do so. The same should apply to members posting on this thread in my opinion.

Don't know if this has escaped your notice (and I can't blame you if it has) but Bail's a moderator, apparently. Big clue, the word Moderator in big, bold letters under his name. If you're not able to read words longer than three syllables I apologise. Therefore, in his official capacity as one of TVF's guardians, he's the one who decides what can and cannot be said on this forum. If he asks you to desist, you desist.

Mod Edit: The last paragraph has been removed, it's over on Metropol if you're that keen to read it.
BA
Bail Moderator
It's not your place to comment Micheal, Sput, whilst the back up is appreciated both of you are diverting the flow of the topic in doing so are doing just what I asked not to happen. Let us hear no more about the issue in this thread please. X Factor related comments only.
BA
Badger264
Just to change the subject to something presentation related instead of Daily Star rumours of who is/isn't hosting or judging, Applause Store have said the final is being held in Wembley. Whether they mean Fountain Studios or Wembley Arena is unclear, but hopefully the latter. It is something long overdue and if a smaller show like Got To Dance can manage a similar stage for the final then there is no reason why the biggest show on TV can't.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
I'll say what I want to say thank you very much. MediaPhil is the one who is at fault. I want to discuss the x factor story with people who have background on the story and who yake an interest in the story. Its unfair if members post something they know nothing about as in the case of Virgin MediaPhil who watched a few minutes of Konnie Huq's tenure as Xtra Factor and has the audacity to say she was a rubbish presenter. To form those opinions you have to be informed on the situation you are talking about which I believe he was not in this case.
MW
Mike W
I'll say what I want to say thank you very much. MediaPhil is the one who is at fault. I want to discuss the x factor story with people who have background on the story and who yake an interest in the story. Its unfair if members post something they know nothing about as in the case of Virgin MediaPhil who watched a few minutes of Konnie Huq's tenure as Xtra Factor and has the audacity to say she was a rubbish presenter. To form those opinions you have to be informed on the situation you are talking about which I believe he was not in this case.

For crying out loud, please, be silent on the matter, the moderation team has spoken, and spoken clearly, just accept it!

Carry on.

Newer posts