TV Home Forum

Daybreak - the launch onwards

From 6am (September 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Badger264
On a presentation level, it appears they've changed the performance set on Lorraine. This morning when Nicole Scherzinger was on, it was just in front of a black curtain just like what they did on GMTV.
ET
ethan8081
Grainne presenting with Dan today. Not seen her before but she's ok
RO
rob Founding member
She does seem very wooden as a presenter. Here's the 7am opening...
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
rob posted:

Dire. Flat. Dull.

Who the hell wants to wake up to that?
BA
Badger264
rob posted:

I think its quite clear from that video that Dan isn't very good and is carried by Kate. The whole thing in the video seems a bit wooden and more melancholy than usual, but probably because its basically stand in presenters right the way through. I'd like to see Lucy Verasamy stand in for Christine one day. I imagine she'd go one way or the other and be appalling or fantastic.
DF
DrewF
rob posted:

I think its quite clear from that video that Dan isn't very good and is carried by Kate. The whole thing in the video seems a bit wooden and more melancholy than usual, but probably because its basically stand in presenters right the way through. I'd like to see Lucy Verasamy stand in for Christine one day. I imagine she'd go one way or the other and be appalling or fantastic.

I actually think Dan makes a good presenter - can do both the serious stuff and the more fun parts. Grainne is about as enthusiastic as soggy bread, and not a big fan of Kate Garraway either.
ET
ethan8081
Dan is a good presenter. I think Daybreak will have a relaunch in September and Dan will become permanent Presenter with Christine or Kate
NE
newsatten
Dan is a good presenter. I think Daybreak will have a relaunch in September and Dan will become permanent Presenter with Christine or Kate

Why do you constantly repeat the same thing over and over?? You must have posted this 5 or 6 times in about a month. Yes we get it you have an obssesion with Kate.

If both Adrian & Christine are on £x million a year, ITV are not just going to let them off presenting 4 or 5 days a week. Plus if they replace them, it would look a failure, whether or not you/they think the show is or isn't a failure at the moment, it would look 10x worse for them and that's the last thing ITV will want.
JO
Joshua
rob posted:

Lucy would be awful as main host, shes only just calmed her nerves in the last couple of months. Even over christmas she was stumbling words, and you could hear the nerves in her voice. She's a lot better now as I said.

I really like Dan as a main host, hes got that breakfast TV sort of personality, much like Eamonn in a way - quite jokey and charasmatic. I don't think Kate carries him at all, he works just as well with Christine and even Grainne. Grainne was fine this morning aswell, she seemed to be having fun throughout the 7am hour and don't forget she presented Sky News Ireland so she has a lot of journalism experience.
NJ
news junkie
I never thought I would say this but: I think I've warmed to Adrian & Christine as hosts.

The show lacks their humour. Dan is a great stand-in but only with Christine. I think the show somehow needs those three. Kate is great at Xmas and as a stand-in but there is something missing when she presents.

The only thing wrong with A&C is that there serious interviewing skills lacks flow and interest e.g. Kate McCann - They had to wheel out their entertainment editor to continue.
IT
IanT
I thought it was good to see Mark Austin on this morning's Daybreak.

While I think Daybreak has improved lately, there are still opportunities to make more of its news coverage and using some of ITV News' established names is no bad thing.
ET
ethan8081
I think Grainne was ok with Dan yesterday, she's doing better with Adrian today

Newer posts