« Topics
cms43265 posts since 13 Oct 2010
London
Isn't it refreshing to see Dan Corbett on the NC, just a shame it's at 11.30! Still, I'd like to see more of his stories again with all the inflexions and gestures. "That's the weather, for now."
House3,166 posts since 13 Mar 2007
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
So whos actually still left at BBC Weather then?

Darren Bett, Carole Kirkwood, Daniel Corbett, Simon King, Alex Deakin, Laura Tobin, Nina Ridge, Peter Gibbs, John Hammond, Nick Miller, Matt Taylor and Liam Dutton are all still around. Pretty sure Louise Lear and Chris Fawkes are too.

Can anyone confirm if Susan Powell, Helen Willets, Elizabeth Saary, Sarah Keith-Lucas or Sarah Wilmshurst are?
chris_rgu1,093 posts since 29 Jul 2009
STV North Reporting Scotland
So whos actually still left at BBC Weather then?

Darren Bett, Carole Kirkwood, Daniel Corbett, Simon King, Alex Deakin, Laura Tobin, Nina Ridge, Peter Gibbs, John Hammond, Nick Miller, Matt Taylor and Liam Dutton are all still around. Pretty sure Louise Lear and Chris Fawkes are too.

Can anyone confirm if Susan Powell, Helen Willets, Elizabeth Saary, Sarah Keith-Lucas or Sarah Wilmshurst are?

Susan Powell has been on once or twice and Elizabeth Saary is on maternity leave.
JamesWorldNews7,249 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World
Dear Points of View,

I was sitting a few days ago with some (foreign) friends watching BBC World News. A certain gentleman who shall remain nameless appeared to do the weather. Why oh why oh why was he allowed to present the weather to a massive global audience?

I think the bosses at the Beeb sometimes forget that they are playing to a global audience on World where not every viewers first language is English. I have to say, once pointed out to me by my fellow viewers, I had to agree that what the weatherman said was impossible to understand. He spoke too quickly, with a very, very regional twang, and I bet many overseas viewers found it difficult to understand what he was saying.

The next day, yet another gent appeared to do the weather, with a different yet also difficult to understand regional accent.

Luckily, Daniel C was presenting later in the day. No issues there!

Come on, BBC. Get a grip!

Funnily enough, said "offenders" have hardly appeared on World since the above post. We are now graced with the presence of the great Daniel and the awesome Louise Lear.

Thank you oh so much BBC for listening to my plea.
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD