The Newsroom

The Weather Thread

For Domestic Coverage (November 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chris_rgu
woah posted:
I presume I have missed Philip Avery's last forecast? The biggest loss in the changes.

The worst gain? I think it is the constant appearances of Matt Taylor - it seems like he is on every evening at the moment. His style is pretty bland. Reminds me of when we had Alex Deakin overload when he was first about.

He's miles better than John Hammond, he has the expression and passion of a brick wall.

Think he has had his last. Susan Powell and Louise Lear haven't been on this month either I don't think unless they have done overnight.

I've seen a forecast from Susan Powell - the only people I haven't spotted are Louise, Jay Wynne and Elizabeth Saary.

Elizabeth is still on maternity leave I think.
ST
Stitch08
woah posted:
I presume I have missed Philip Avery's last forecast? The biggest loss in the changes.

The worst gain? I think it is the constant appearances of Matt Taylor - it seems like he is on every evening at the moment. His style is pretty bland. Reminds me of when we had Alex Deakin overload when he was first about.

He's miles better than John Hammond, he has the expression and passion of a brick wall.

Think he has had his last. Susan Powell and Louise Lear haven't been on this month either I don't think unless they have done overnight.

I've seen a forecast from Susan Powell - the only people I haven't spotted are Louise, Jay Wynne and Elizabeth Saary.

Then I would say it's likely that Jay Wynne and Louise Lear have joined Tori, Tomasz, Phil and Rob in being moved off our screens. A tweet from Alex Deakin did certainly hint that Jay had gone, as he suggested that he would like to see McElwee, Avery and Wynne nominated for best weather presenter at TRIC simply to be mischevious.
DU
Dundee17
Are Dan Corbett and Peter Gibbs still appearing? Also, Nina Ridge seems to be appearing much more, big promotion?
HO
House
Louise Lear has been on the overnights recently. Shame if Jay's gone. I would have thought if Dan Corbett had gone it would have been reported somewhere - he's certainly one of the more unique forecasters.

woah posted:

As is Sarah Keith Lucas, though she only seemed to appear on the NC-only shifts.
ST
Stitch08
Are Dan Corbett and Peter Gibbs still appearing? Also, Nina Ridge seems to be appearing much more, big promotion?

Dan and Peter are still appearing - they both seem to be doing a mix of the afternoon online/red button (and presumably BBC World) forecasts and overnight shifts, as does Susan Powell.
RM
Roger Mellie

From what I gather, Dan Corbett will moved onto doing BBC World shifts more. As far as I'm aware, viewers in the UK can't receive BBC World... or can they? Confused
CH
chris_rgu

From what I gather, Dan Corbett will moved onto doing BBC World shifts more. As far as I'm aware, viewers in the UK can't receive BBC World... or can they? Confused

They can...if you can find a stream on the internet!
AN
Andrew Founding member
It seems odd how the most blandest presenters they've got have been moved to the main slots (after the 10 on BBC1), yet the most interesting presenters have either been axed or have been reduced to relative graveyard slots (overnight, daytime, red button)
DF
DrewF
Does anyone have any news on the new ITV Weather graphics that are supposed to be coming soon? I know last year it was said a 'refresh' of the graphics were happening early this year but I don't think anything's been said of it yet.
WE
Westy2
woah posted:

Is it me or do certain female presenters seem to be always on 'maternity leave'? (But some don't?)
JO
Joe
Interesting use of quotation marks there.

23 days later

AN
Andrew Founding member
Sian Lloyd hosting the ITV National Weather today for St Davids Day. Mentioning the fact and wearing a daffodil on her jacket.

Newer posts