TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WP
WillPS
It's loading "Blank" here too. Very odd.

http://www.trouble.co.uk/ lives on (well, sort of) though.
ST
steddenm
I'm getting the following HTML when looking at Challenge, Challenge Jackpot, Channel One and Living TV's websites...

Quote:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
html
head
title Blank /title
/head
body
/body
/html

(The < and > have been removed)

That's using Firefox, but in IE9 the only ones which don't open are Challenge and Challenge Jackpot's.
WP
WillPS
challengejackpot.com now redirects to http://tv.sky.com/Challenge - currently 404ing. Perhaps I spoke too soon about Challenge not getting a website - much overdue it'd be too!

EDIT: challengejackpot.com shows a Drupal installation page, www.challengejackpot.com redirects, and I just clicked through Google and got the Challenge Jackpot website. Confusing.
Last edited by WillPS on 31 January 2011 8:09pm
WP
WillPS
I'm getting the following HTML when looking at Challenge, Challenge Jackpot, Channel One and Living TV's websites...

Quote:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
html
head
title Blank /title
/head
body
/body
/html

(The < and > have been removed)

That's using Firefox, but in IE9 the only ones which don't open are Challenge and Challenge Jackpot's.

It's an intentionally blank page, designed just to stop an error page from generating.
J1
j10cool10
Channel One is now showing for me. As is Challenge Jackpot now.
WP
WillPS
Ahhh I get it. They've changed all the domains' nameservers, it's just taking longer to propagate for some than others.
DV
dvboy
Channel One appears to be going off air on Freeview at 3:00 which is its normal time (it's 5:00 on Sky). There is EPG data for Challenge from 6:00 - which is strange because Channel One would normally have started at 9:00.

The MTV Shows > MTV Music transition looks like it's happening at 4:30 according to DigiGuide.

I hope there are people out there to record the closure of Channel One and launches of the newly branded channels.
Last edited by dvboy on 31 January 2011 10:59pm - 2 times in total
WP
WillPS
I've got all the final continuity for Channel One, Living, LivingIt and LivingLoves on Manual record and can cap tomorrow if needed. Also got what should be the first TX for Sky Living and Sky LivingIt sorted (if this starts at 4am, as Sky's listings suggest).

Also got Challenge at 6am on record, although I'd be surprised if we even get an ident (since they seem to be reserved for peak times!).

I expect all launches to be unremarkable.

Also got a manual record on MTV for 0425-0435 - whether that catches anything interesting depends on how MTV jig their streams I guess. Can't set up a recording for a channel not on the EPG yet Sad
DV
dvboy
Also got a manual record on MTV for 0425-0435 - whether that catches anything interesting depends on how MTV jig their streams I guess. Can't set up a recording for a channel not on the EPG yet Sad

If you're recording anything between 4:25 and 4:35 it should be MTV Shows which appears to have the programmes of new channel MTV Music listed on the EPG from 4:30.

I doubt MTV proper will actually do anything presentation-wise as they are just moving.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I expect all launches to be unremarkable.

Except Sky Atlantic, surely?
DV
dvboy
Looks like the Living- and Challenge-branded channels are all going off air at 2am for two hours according to the Sky EPG (+1s for 3 hours).
DV
dvboy
@skyhd on Twitter seems to think the EPG was supposed to change at midnight, meanwhile a video has gone up here: http://tv.sky.com/sky-channel-swap

Newer posts