TV Home Forum

TV Forum Favourite Jack La Lanne Dies

A whole apple?! (January 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
Michael
Pete posted:
It's worth noting that Metropol has been redecorated with reference to Jack's memory.

I feel we should all arrange a moment to raise a glass to Vitality in his honour. What time did the infomercials used to go out on Bid Up?

BidUp used to go off air at 1:00am - it was usually No-Wet Wonder Foam first then Powerjuicer afterwards.
MW
Mike W
Pete posted:
It's worth noting that Metropol has been redecorated with reference to Jack's memory.

I feel we should all arrange a moment to raise a glass to Vitality in his honour. What time did the infomercials used to go out on Bid Up?

BidUp used to go off air at 1:00am - it was usually No-Wet Wonder Foam first then Powerjuicer afterwards.

I recall it being Chef Tony's Miracle Blade III system and Jack La Lanne followed by My Rotisserie, or was that ITV 2?
IS
Isonstine Founding member
The passing of Jack is extremely sad. I will never forget how much I wanted the product that was whisper quiet and of course, let's not forget, could get through a WHOLE apple.

I would like to think that at Jack's cremation that he is sent through a ceremonial juicer as a fitting tribute.

I feel as though a little bit of TV Forum has died with him.
WP
WillPS
Pete posted:

Gawd, the amount of times I watched those infomercials. The No-Wet one featured an LWT continuity announcer didn't it?
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Jack La Lanne

1914 - 2011.

He just ran out of juice.
SP
Spencer
Aww - no mentions of producing 'Nut Milk' anymore. Crying or Very sad
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Aww - no mentions of producing 'Nut Milk' anymore. Crying or Very sad

Only if the money's right.
PE
Pete Founding member
I would like to think that at Jack's cremation that he is sent through a ceremonial juicer as a fitting tribute.

Woudl the pulp be poured into a sheet of kitchen roll to demonstrate how dry it was?

Newer posts