TV Home Forum

Virgin 1 becomes Channel One

Going ... Going .... GONE (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
The bin. Out of all the Virgin channels acquired I'd have thought keeping Bravo would have made more sense as out of both the Virgin and basic Sky channels, it's the only one male skewed.
NW
nwtv2003
The bin. Out of all the Virgin channels acquired I'd have thought keeping Bravo would have made more sense as out of both the Virgin and basic Sky channels, it's the only one male skewed.

You can say that, but have you seen what Bravo was showing? I hadn't watched the channel for years, the vast majority of it being garbage, to be fair I think Sky are well rid of it, it's just a shame to lose an iconic brand that goes back to the old days of Satellite TV.

Didn't realise they've also pulled Challenge Jackpot today aswell, again no huge loss.

On Virgin Media they've got captions up saying the channel has ceased broadcasting on both Sky and VM with the decision blamed on 'the channel provider'......
:-(
A former member
Its no longer on the EPG,

I still wonder where Dog the bunter hunter and sons of anarchy will be placed,

I really do hope SKY3 gets a major revamp, it could become a great channel, it if take on sky, virgin one etc content
DA
David
Click for larger version.
A former member
Dog the Bounty Hunter it seems has moved to channel 151 E: entertain
DA
Dave Founding member
While it is a shame to see a brand disappear after 25 years but is it not the result far too many channels for a country with a population of our size?

Sky have the following channels. (Hidden so as not to take up the whole page!)
Sky 1
Sky 2
Sky 3
Sky Travel
Sky Arts1
Sky Arts2
Sky Sports 1
Sky Sports 2
Sky Sports 3
Sky Sports 4
Sky Sports News
Sky Movies Action & Thriller
Sky Movies Classics
Sky Movies Comedy
Sky Movies Drama
Sky Movies Family
Sky Movies Indie
Sky Movies Modern Greats
Sky Movies Premiere
Sky Movies Sci Fi & Horror
Sky Movies Screen 1
Sky Movies Screen 2
Living 1
Living 2
Living Loves
Challenge

Sky Atlantic

Add to that channels from UKTV, ITV, Channel 5, Discovery, Viacom, BBC and others and something has to give.

I don't understand how some all these channels manage to make a profit.
A former member
75% of those channel are moves or sport which come at a premium which can cost £20 - £40 a month, while the other channels are just repeats of the main channels,
NW
nwtv2003
To Dave, I'm sure Sky Travel doesn't exists anymore.
WP
WillPS
Did anybody cap the last few minutes of Bravo/Bravo 2?
DA
David
It is surprising how quickly bravo.co.uk closed down. I'd have thought Sky would at least redirect it to sky.com
A former member
End of Bravo

http://www.theidentgallery.com/misc/misc/BRAVO-2010-END-1.mp4

End of Bravo2 (as much as I managed to get, anyway)

http://www.theidentgallery.com/misc/misc/BRAVO2-2010-END-1.mp4
ST
Stuart
To Dave, I'm sure Sky Travel doesn't exists anymore.

...and your movie channels are abit behind the times....a few were renamed last year, Screen 1 became Showcase, and Screen 2 became Thriller. Living 2 became LIVINGit a while ago too.

Newer posts