TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2010

The Final - This Weekend (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
An interesting look at the power of the audience compared to the judges - this was done for Dancing with the Stars but pretty much translates to Strictly. The premise of the piece is that the judges basically score couples from 6-10, whilst the audience gives one couple 10 points and the others 0.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/palin-debate-aside-does-dancing-need-electoral-reform/?ref=television
PL
tellyboxPLUS
tonight proved that tess can not host it by her self when bruce is there she fine but like other sunday when clauder is by herself in her room she is wooden
WE
Westy2
Just watched off the Sky Plus, Gold's recent transmission of Steve Coogan's 'The Tony Ferrino Phemoneon' & noticed Bruno Toniloli listed as the chorographer!
DA
David
Just watched off the Sky Plus, Gold's recent transmission of Steve Coogan's 'The Tony Ferrino Phemoneon' & noticed Bruno Toniloli listed as the chorographer!

He can also be seen here too. Sorry, I mean here
JE
Jenny Founding member

Yeah, Bruno's done heaps of TV and commercial work (Craig works mainly in the theatre). I think he even worked with Pamela Stephenson on "Not The Nine O'Clock News" thirty years ago.
TT
Tumble Tower
I saw both parts of the SCD Final. Thank goodness Kara & Artem won. I voted for them just before 8:30pm, as I wanted to ensure they went through to the final two.

At the start of part two, I was gutted to see Pamela & James leave, as I wanted them up against Kara & Artem in the final two. I was hoping Matt & Aliona would leave at the start of part two.

This is the result I hoped for:

1st Kara & Artem
2nd Pamela & James
3rd Matt & Aliona

... and this is how it actually was:

1st Kara & Artem
2nd Matt & Aliona
3rd Pamela & James

In previous years the couples who failed to reach the final each did about 30 seconds dancing one by one in order of elimination. This time those knocked out during the series did a group dance. Was this intended to save time? I'd sooner they'd each done a short individual dance as in previous years.
SW
Steve Williams
Interesting point - and one that applies to the rest of the media too. They though usually respect embargoes in exchange for interviews and other snippets - but what would be the BBC's excuse?

This is a bit late, but there's no way they would ever do this, because yes, it's always been recorded but the only reason it leaks out is because people in the audience put it on the internet. You may as well argue that they should announce who dies in that night's EastEnders because their mate in presentation has seen the tape, or who won Sports Personality because they've seen the engraved trophy backstage. And there is no point in announcing it because if you're a fan of Strictly, it'll spoil it, so you don't want to know, and if you're not going to watch it, you won't care. It's hardly WikiLeaks, is it?
:-(
A former member
There talk, bruice will be leaving..

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/216442-bruce-forsyth-to-leave-strictly/
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member

Its unattributed filler from the Sun, reposted on Digital Spew (and evidently copied by STV).

Be more discerning, or at least don't regurgitate it here.
A former member

Its unattributed filler from the Sun, reposted on Digital Spew (and evidently copied by STV).

I added in the link, its from STV:
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member

No its not. Its from "Well Contented" who take copy from anywhere. It's the usual pish from the Sun.
A former member

No its not. Its from "Well Contented" who take copy from anywhere. It's the usual pish from the Sun.

I can see your point, I never though in a million years STV would put it up on the "MOST Poplar" screen on the stv news break...

Newer posts