The Gallery

TV Guide iPhone App

(April 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CR
Critique
I tell a lie, TV Bleb has BBC feeds for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales too, so regional luck there.

What's new in Version -0.1:

More channels added (Nick Jr, Extreme Sports)
Channel names edited and logo's updated (Virgin1 becomes Channel One, recieves new logo)

Still to come:

More radio channels (BBC World Service, Radio Scotland)
Category selection (Entertainment, Sports, News)
Regional Variants (NI, Scotland, Wales, England)
MW
Mike W
I tell a lie, TV Bleb has BBC feeds for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales too, so regional luck there.

What's new in Version -0.1:

More channels added (Nick Jr, Extreme Sports)
Channel names edited and logo's updated (Virgin1 becomes Channel One, recieves new logo)

Still to come:

More radio channels (BBC World Service, Radio Scotland)
Category selection (Entertainment, Sports, News)
Regional Variants (NI, Scotland, Wales, England)

If it provides regional news as "Midlands Today" it should really say "England (Midlands Regional Variant)" as tonight they're airing a news special for 45 mins about the Pope.

72 days later

CR
Critique
Right, so I've stuck with this app, foraging for RSS feeds for ITV and the like, which I've yet to find. Basically, the project is not dead, and it and the website I've been creating it on are very much evolving. I did start to say what was new in Version -Something or other, but I'm going to start afresh, telling you what's coming up.

What's coming in GuideUK Version 0.1:

- Regional listings (England [Midlands Variant], Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
- Category selection
- Improved TV, Radio and Film Highlights
- Social Network implementation (Eg, from the App posting on Facebook that you're excited for this program
- Commenting on programs (Commenting on a show of your fancy, for other to comment back on)
- New, enhanced UI, due to Red Foundry creating a new beautiful UI.

And Feature Requests are welcome.
MW
Mike W
BBC One logo stretching over the top bars. Looking quite distorted.
CR
Critique
BBC One logo stretching over the top bars. Looking quite distorted.

Oh, I must point out, that's an old, and now scrapped version. 165-357 is now redundant, and the whole BBC One Banner over it's page is a mistake I've never fixed.

The new version is harder for me to let you all Beta test, but I'll try and sort something. The new version is definitely completely different. Also, the app I specified to let you look is no longer going to be used, so I suggest you delete.
CR
Critique
Right, development continues, yet I now need an app icon. Just a quick enquiry as to if anyone can assist here, but if not, I'll create a logo myself. However, that probably won't go well.

If anyone wants to brainstorm, the app is called GuideUK.

80 days later

3D
3dismagic
Do you still need an icon? I can make you one if needed.

Newer posts