TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2010

The Final - This Weekend (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GM
GMT
Hello TV Forumers, I've been around the site for about two years, so am no stranger, but am new as a forum member. I just thought I'd share this exclusive with you here:

BBC films 400 Strictly Come Dancing fans at TV Centre for new BBC One ident
Date: 08.11.2010
Category: BBC One
Nearly 400 fans of Strictly Come Dancing came to BBC Television Centre yesterday to be filmed dancing for a new BBC One ident.

The fans responded to the BBC's invitation to learn a special routine created by Strictly favourite Karen Hardy, and braved the November cold to dance in the iconic doughnut at the centre of Television Centre.

The fans enjoyed a day of behind-the-scenes Strictly experiences, including appearances by series two winner Darren Gough, last year's contestant and former EastEnder Ricky Groves, current season evictees Paul Daniels and Peter Shilton, as well as Strictly dancers Erin Boag, Kristina Rihanoff and Jared Murillo. In an extra special surprise for the fans, Joe Calzaghe came along to dance with Kristina Rihanoff.

Fans queued from early morning to be amongst the first to enter BBC Television Centre, where they also enjoyed backstage tours of the iconic studios, currently celebrating their 50th Anniversary.

The special routine choreographed for the ident by Karen Hardy was made available on the Strictly Come Dancing website and the Strictly Come Dancing pages on Facebook and YouTube, and hundreds practised the routine in advance to be able to dance in perfect coordination for the ident.

A giant crane suspended a camera at 50 metres over the centre of Television Centre to capture the public as they danced around the doughnut. The ident will be premiered on Strictly Come Dancing – It Takes Two with a story about "the making of" in the next couple of weeks and then premiere on BBC One on the evening of Saturday 20 November.

The day's activities followed five regional events in Edinburgh, Leeds, Plymouth, Swansea and Norwich where local dance schools taught the Karen Hardy routine to members of the public at BBC Big Screen events. Strictly fans were invited to apply for tickets to the filming of the ident online, with nearly 20,000 applications received.
PT
Put The Telly On
GMT posted:
Hello TV Forumers, I've been around the site for about two years, so am no stranger, but am new as a forum member. I just thought I'd share this exclusive with you here:

Nearly 400 fans of Strictly Come Dancing came to BBC Television Centre yesterday to be filmed dancing for a new BBC One ident.

I'm getting the vibe here.. Roy Castle, 1970s, tapdancers.. etc..
WE
Westy2
GMT posted:

I'm getting the vibe here.. Roy Castle, 1970s, tapdancers.. etc..

And can you find the relavant clip on You Tube ? Nope!
JO
jordanhowell
GMT posted:

DA
David
You're taking the fun out of the whole thing - and everyone knows your point of view.

In what way am I taking the fun out of it?

In the same way as Arlene Phillips. Taking it all far too seriously.
JU
jumpinjack
GMT posted:

Think this is much improved on the lame mirror ball attempt last year, but shame it will only be ready for semi-finals and not the start of this years run. Rolling Eyes
BE
Ben Founding member
Presumably will be re-used next year though, certainly looks like they're spending more money than that mirrorball thing last year.
GE
thegeek Founding member
There's a couple more shots of it here. I rather like the lights they used...
BR
Brekkie
Could be very much a BBC ident rather than a Strictly one though considering the location. Not sure how long post-production takes on these things, but could it debut for Children in Need perhaps?
JE
Jenny Founding member
That Vera Lynn film on "It Takes Two" tonight seemed rather out of place. Like it had been produced for "The One Show" and someone had managed to send it to the wrong early-evening live discussion programme.
JU
jumpinjack
Could be very much a BBC ident rather than a Strictly one though considering the location. Not sure how long post-production takes on these things, but could it debut for Children in Need perhaps?

They have filmed two versions, one with strictly come dancing professionals and one without, so presumably the non pro dancing version will be used around other programming
CY
cylon6
What happened to that really cheap glitterball ident they made for the show? And I don't get why they don't have them ready for when the series has started.

Newer posts