TV Home Forum

BBC One HD This Autumn

Split from the generic thread (May 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
Video from behind-the-scenes of BBC One HD.

The wiring in the back of those equipment racks is a mess, other broadcasters wouldn't (and don't !) accept such poor quality wiring.

Indeed! I did wonder if that is some temporarily installed kit, either for BBC HD, or (possibly more likely) if it was some non critical kit they were allowed to film beside away from the actual properly installed stuff?
DV
DVB Cornwall
.... and so it's here with a mini dog.
WA
watchingtv
BBC One HD has launched, watching on FreeSat, no CA and was rather loud Exclamation
BU
buster
Good start. No VO on the first ident.
(presumably they have a setup similar to ITV1 HD where the announcer can choose whether to appear on the HD channel or not, and accidentally chose not on that ident)
BU
buster

Even during the opening junction, which suggests it's there to stay...
DV
dvboy
At the end of Midlands Today there was a slide put up with the BBC One HD logo, I assume this was the first thing that went out on BBC One HD too, as the Apprentice trailer that was airing as I switched over was on too.

The first ident on BBC One HD didn't have any continuity.
IS
Inspector Sands
dvboy posted:
At the end of Midlands Today there was a slide put up with the BBC One HD logo, I assume this was the first thing that went out on BBC One HD too, as the Apprentice trailer that was airing as I switched over was on too.

Yes, BBC One HD went straight from the looped caption to the coming up menu after the regional news.

Quote:

Yes, a shame as the BBC One HD viewers missed their welcome!
MA
Markymark

You mean a puppy ?

Hopefully it won't grow up, too much to expect it to die though ? Sad
IS
Inspector Sands

Barely noticable, I didn't see it until you said
TE
tesandco Founding member
It seemed to lurch in a bit suddenly in the middle of junction before that damp squib of an ident. I'd have thought they'd have made a bit more of a play of the launch really, but oh well I probably just expect too much. Laughing They at least mentioned it on the opening of The One Show.

http://www.tvwhirl.co.uk/testvlogos/bbc1hdlaunch2010.mp4

Good to see it live at last though, and the dog has been considerably toned down from those earlier previews.
WA
watchingtv
dvboy posted:

I thought I heard the end of a regional bulletin at the very beginning of HD Launch.
AC
aconnell
It's a shame that the idents, menus and other graphics aren't in HD. They looked SD on my screen.

Do the technical specs of BBC One HD and BBC HD mean that they're equally as sharp, or does one have a greater bit rate than the other? Just curious...

Also, I see that the BBC HD logo has been moved to the corner of the screen today.

Newer posts