TV Home Forum

BBC One HD This Autumn

Split from the generic thread (May 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Having "This Is BBC One HD" in the listings during the regional slots takes me back to the early days of Sky Digital.
ST
Stuart
BBC One HD has finally appeared on the Sky EPG!
DV
dvboy
I assume it happened at 4pm when programmes started on BBC HD
ST
Stuart
dvboy posted:

It did indeed, which is quite late in the day. Sky normally do their EPG changes at about 10:30am.
DV
dvboy
dvboy posted:

It did indeed, which is quite late in the day. Sky normally do their EPG changes at about 10:30am.

I thought so too. I notice there is no EPG data beyond today too. You'd think they'd want to get it on their earlier or yesterday so people had chance to sort their recordings out.

I wonder how many will complain they missed The Apprentice because despite last week the CA telling them they needed to re-setup their series link, they wouldn't be able to set a recording until this afternoon.

I have re-setup my recording link for Film 2010 now (most other stuff I will record SD because of space), but I cannot series link it yet.
LO
LONDON
dvboy posted:
dvboy posted:

I thought so too. I notice there is no EPG data beyond today too. You'd think they'd want to get it on their earlier or yesterday so people had chance to sort their recordings out.

I wonder how many will complain they missed The Apprentice because despite last week the CA telling them they needed to re-setup their series link, they wouldn't be able to set a recording until this afternoon.

I have re-setup my recording link for Film 2010 now (most other stuff I will record SD because of space), but I cannot series link it yet.

Well I noticed there is a repeat airing of the Apprentice on BBC HD later this evening, so would the series link not pick that up instead?
DV
dvboy
dvboy posted:
dvboy posted:

Well I noticed there is a repeat airing of the Apprentice on BBC HD later this evening, so would the series link not pick that up instead?

I spotted a post on DS that said it would.
IM
IM
One, maybe silly, questions about HD programing.

If a programme has been filmed in High Defination and is being broadcast on the Standard Definition channel (and one has an HD reciever and Television) can it still be viewed in High Definition?

Also, lets hope that BBC One does not end up with a logo like this.

DV
dvboy
One, maybe silly, questions about HD programing.

If a programme has been filmed in High Defination and is being broadcast on the Standard Definition channel (and one has an HD reciever and Television) can it still be viewed in High Definition?

Only if you are tuned to the HD version of the channel, i.e. if you watch The Apprentice on BBC One on Sky channel 101 it won't be in HD, while on channel 143 it will.
AC
aconnell
Video from behind-the-scenes of BBC One HD.

I think it might have been mentioned before, but are we going to get continuity announcers on BBC One HD?

Also, are the listings for BBC One HD going to be put on the BBC One website, or will they merge together as one listing? It seems awfully laborious trying to find out whether a programme on BBC One HD is going to be shown in HD, especially since most TV magazines either get it wrong, or just don't tell you!
Last edited by aconnell on 3 November 2010 5:25pm
MA
Markymark
Video from behind-the-scenes of BBC One HD.

The wiring in the back of those equipment racks is a mess, other broadcasters wouldn't (and don't !) accept such poor quality wiring.
TO
tomo359
Loved the behind the scenes video.

I always love to see behind the scenes stuff regarding TV. Especially when she went downstairs where all the computers, processors, servers etc are, can't believe how much equipment they have!!!

Newer posts