TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion

NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
It seems that as of this morning Channel 4 has a new look to it's promos and break bumpers, with the current 4 shifted over to the left side with a mirror line through the logo. And at the 8.55am junction they showed last years 3D scrapyard in 2D.
steve
steviegTVreturns
DB
dbl London London
Promos:

Break Bumper:
Last edited by dbl on 22 October 2010 8:20pm - 3 times in total
M
M@ Founding member Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
I like it. Pretty slick. A nice animation on screen and a nice classy grey. What with Channel 5 seemingly crapping out on its pres, thank goodness there's Channel 4.
M@
Here To Travel
BE
Ben Founding member London London
Not sure about the new menu - looks a bit lopsided to me. Just seen the new Blackpool ident though, that was nice enough!
www.youtube.com/vtrben
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
I've been reliably informed that three new idents are to launch tonight at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm.
TV Live / Podcasts
BE
Well they've already shown the Blackpool ident which is one of the new batch and by all accounts the scrapheap ident has been shown in non-3D but not sure if that counts as one of the new ones.
www.youtube.com/vtrben
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
So they are. My source (Pete Nottage on Twitter) has just told me they're being played throughout the day.
TV Live / Podcasts
BE
They seemed to have remixed that little tune they always used to use with the menus and holding/breakdown captions when they first rebranded a few years ago. Nice to see they're treating them going all out to refresh things.

When they last altered things (the captions over the credits) I always thought it had spoiled the uniform look the branding had.
www.youtube.com/vtrben
DB
dbl London London
Menu:
[media:ac6d8fd171]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/dbl/ch4-new-menu-oct2010.f4v[/media:ac6d8fd171]

Last edited by dbl on 22 October 2010 11:47am - 2 times in total
ED
edmund
Arrow Channel 4 ident 2010 - Scrapyard 2D

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXPAcRUmc-Y
Last edited by edmund on 22 October 2010 1:04pm - 4 times in total
JO
Jonny Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
The new look got a little mention following the news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6_TF1JzmKM

Overall, as varied and creative as we've come to expect from the clear leaders in the television identity landscape and the best part is the original idents, coming up to 6 years old now, still look stunning next to it all.

A refresh that actually achieves its objective. Who'd have thought it?
youtube
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
A very nice refresh - amazing really that first graphics package for this look lasted nearly six years pretty much untouched. Wonder if the other channels will follow - More4 at least is long overdue some new idents surely.

EDIT: Shame they seem to have not touched the ECPs - the thing that needed changing most really.
Last edited by Brekkie on 22 October 2010 6:27pm
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.

Newer posts