TV Home Forum

The Apprentice

Wednesdays at 9, on BBC One and BBC HD (September 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chris
Earlier in the year, The Apprentice was delayed due to the General Election and we were told it would return in June. As we are yet to see a series of the show this year, is it likely it will be pushed back until 2011? It was announced Dara O'Briain would take over on You're Fired! when it returns so there assumably is another series in the pipe-line. Any ideas?
Last edited by chris on 18 September 2010 8:09pm - 2 times in total
LO
LONDON
chris posted:
Earlier in the year, The Apprentice was delayed due to the General Election and we were told it would return in June. As we are yet to see a series of the show this year, is it likely it will be pushed back until 2011? It was announced Dara O'Briain would take over on You're Fired! when it returns so there assumably is another series in the pipe-line. Any ideas?

It is advertised as starting this Autumn, it was filmed last autumn, winter. Junior Apprentice will return next spring.
BE
Ben Founding member
The question is - will the Apprentice now stay as an Autumn series now or will we go back to spring next year?
JO
jordanhowell
Alan Sugar has tweeted a few times that the new series of The Apprentice starts in a few weeks! Very Happy
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Ben posted:
The question is - will the Apprentice now stay as an Autumn series now or will we go back to spring next year?

Closing date for Apprentice Series 7 was June 30th, 2010 so I'd argue it'll be filmed in the autumn and aired possibly next spring or summer.

The Apprentice Series 7 seems to be going down Dragon's Den route:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/06_june/25/apprentice.shtml posted:
Lord Sugar is looking for an Apprentice with the flair and drive to build a business, which he will jointly own with the winner, each taking a 50% interest. Lord Sugar will be mentoring and guiding his winning Apprentice, bringing with him over 40 years of his own business experience to help the business take its first fledgling steps.

Lord Sugar comments: "In the past years I was searching for a candidate to employ, now I am looking for a business partner. The good news is they won't have to put any money into the new company, I will. With an injection of £250,000 of value into this start up company, this is an amazing opportunity for someone who will choose the type of business it will be.
LO
LONDON
Ben posted:

Closing date for Apprentice Series 7 was June 30th, 2010 so I'd argue it'll be filmed in the autumn and aired possibly next spring or summer.

The Apprentice Series 7 seems to be going down Dragon's Den route:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/06_june/25/apprentice.shtml posted:
Lord Sugar is looking for an Apprentice with the flair and drive to build a business, which he will jointly own with the winner, each taking a 50% interest. Lord Sugar will be mentoring and guiding his winning Apprentice, bringing with him over 40 years of his own business experience to help the business take its first fledgling steps.

Lord Sugar comments: "In the past years I was searching for a candidate to employ, now I am looking for a business partner. The good news is they won't have to put any money into the new company, I will. With an injection of £250,000 of value into this start up company, this is an amazing opportunity for someone who will choose the type of business it will be.

But the Apprentice 6 is still to air.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

*snip huge quote of mine*

That is correct and was established earlier in the thread, which is why I haven't mentioned it in my post.
LO
LONDON

*snip huge quote of mine*

That is correct and was established earlier in the thread, which is why I haven't mentioned it in my post.

Sorry misunderstood what you were saying.
HC
Hatton Cross
Possible BBC One are looking to park the show up in Christmas week to give a nice spike to the ratings, and to start the festive season off with the final of The Apprentice.

Given it's a 12 week run - the last week they can start it from playing weekly without stunting around with 2 shows a week or some other silly scheduling gimick, is week commencing Monday 4th October.
CH
chris
Possible BBC One are looking to park the show up in Christmas week to give a nice spike to the ratings, and to start the festive season off with the final of The Apprentice.

Given it's a 12 week run - the last week they can start it from playing weekly without stunting around with 2 shows a week or some other silly scheduling gimick, is week commencing Monday 4th October.

Well, my mother being an avid fan of the programme too, rang me to tell me her 'Woman and Home' magazine said the new series of The Apprentice starts 10th September. Funny that, seeing as it's today... Confused

8 days later

TW
Time Warp
According to another thread, the series starts on the 6th October.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Work has already begun on the series 6 website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series6/

Newer posts