TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2010

The Final - This Weekend (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
There's a sexy bloke in EastEnders?? Wah. Nobody told me! (I assume you are referring to Scott, Gavin? But he's in a wheelchair, so surely disadvantged from the start?)
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
There's a sexy bloke in EastEnders?? Wah. Nobody told me! (I assume you are referring to Scott, Gavin? But he's in a wheelchair, so surely disadvantaged from the start?)

Buh? Who's in a what chair now?

I don't think he is, you know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009wnvw (if you can watch this from there...)
JW
JamesWorldNews
"Not Available In Your Area".
GS
"Not Available In Your Area".

Well come home then you silly sod. All that sunlight is terribly ageing you know.
PL
tellyboxPLUS
There's a sexy bloke in EastEnders?? Wah. Nobody told me! (I assume you are referring to Scott, Gavin? But he's in a wheelchair, so surely disadvantaged from the start?)

Buh? Who's in a what chair now?

I don't think he is, you know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009wnvw (if you can watch this from there...)

well for a start it called acting he don't use one in real life
JW
JamesWorldNews
Well, blow me down! It didn't even cross my mind! So his dancing will be ok then, I guess. Phew.
DA
David
Well, blow me down! It didn't even cross my mind! So his dancing will be ok then, I guess. Phew.

I hear he has had to pull out as a pub owned by his girlfriend's family has recently suffered a major fire.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Wow, coping with so much in his private life, what with a disability and a burned down pub. And not to mention the imminent enduring ogling from Bruno Tonioli.

Didn't he do well!! Nice to see him, to see him nice!

I have just realised - no newsreaders in it this year. (Unless you count Ann Widdecombe, former occassional anchor of Sky News Politics something-or-other.................)

8 days later

TT
Tumble Tower
2010 Strictly Come Dancing Chaps -
Gavin Henson,
Peter Shilton,
Goldie,
Paul Daniels,
Scott Maslen,
Jimi Mistry and
Matt Baker.

2010 Strictly Come Dancing Girls:
Felicity Kendal,
Ann Widdecombe,
Patsy Kensit,
Tina O'Brien,
Pamela Stepenson,
Kara Tointon,
Michelle Williams.

I saw last Saturday's "welcome" show on video Monday evening, and was surprised to see the paring done in-vision for the first time ever. A reasonable celebrity line-up, but once again, none of the ones I wanted to see, worse luck:

Jon Bentley , Jason Bradbury , Suzi Perry and/or Ortis Deeley from Five's The Gadget Show .
Pete Hillier from Boogie Beebies (if he can be instructor for a pre-schoolers' dance show, he's definitely got the talent to dance)
Chris Jarvis
Terry Wogan
Fearne Cotton
Huw Edwards (BBC newsreader)
Jessica Garlick (she sang for UK in the 2002 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 3rd)
Jade Ewen (she sang for the UK in 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 5th)
Chris Tarrant from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Cliff Richard
Vernon Kay
Gary Wilmot

Granted Terry Wogan is now 72 (according to Wikipedia), but so is Paul Daniels, in fact according to Wikipedia, Paul is a few months older than Terry. So if Paul Daniels is in a fit state to participate, surely Terry Wogan is.
GS
Man alive - once you've told us umpteen times who you would cast, why do you insist on repeating yourself?

In the nicest possible way - do you suffer from Aspergers syndrome?
TT
Tumble Tower
Man alive - once you've told us umpteen times who you would cast, why do you insist on repeating yourself?

I repeated the list as part of my last post (which was a reply to DVB Cornwall's post), as it was easier to show my list again rather than say "the celebs I said I hoped for - see list on page 1", with hyperlink to it.
GS

I repeated the list as part of my last post (which was a reply to DVB Cornwall's post), as it was easier to show my list again rather than say "the celebs I said I hoped for - see list on page 1", with hyperlink to it.

Easier for who? Repeated to what end?

Seriously Mr Tower - no one is particularly bothered about what you would like to see; and I am unanimous in that.

Could we stick to talking about the contestants we have (when the show starts properly)? That doesn't require you describing their work history in parenthesis either - we know who they are and what they do.

Before this series commences in earnest can we just get it straight that you're not here to educate us or give us backstories of the cast - we're all posting in the thread because we're all watching the show too, and sharing opinions on how they're doing or who our favourite is would be quite enough input.

Newer posts