TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2010

The Final - This Weekend (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
House posted:
When did Danslink get banned?

He didn't. He asphyxiated himself on all that metaphorical chowder in his yap.
JW
JamesWorldNews
I am not quite sure who the celebrities are/or will be. But one thing I would love is for them to take back Arlene Phillips from Loose Women. She is way out of place on LW, so should come back to SCD.

What is chowder?
DA
David
I am not quite sure who the celebrities are/or will be. But one thing I would love is for them to take back Arlene Phillips from Loose Women. She is way out of place on LW, so should come back to SCD.

So, they should save her from being rubbish on Loose Women by bringing her back to be rubbish on Strictly Come Dancing again? I think it is in the BBC's best interest to leave her where she is.
GS

What is chowder?

Arlene was, in the nicest possible way, not the most effective judge on the show. At least, I didn't think so. Ms Dixon (isn't it?) who replaced her was actually very good. Lots of talk of technique, and didn't get her knickers in a knot when Bruno and Len went OTT (as is their wont).

Chowder, James, is a thick soup, often containing fish or other sea creatures. It sometime resembles puke, which Mr Danslink was so fond of mentioning.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Chowder, James, is a thick soup, often containing fish or other sea creatures. It sometime resembles puke, which Mr Danslink was so fond of mentioning.

Loose Chowder? Strictly Come Chowder? I've just realised now. Danslink is the new guy, right? Who didn't like Kay Burley?

Whilst Arlene may not have been the most effective judge on SCD, she was more effective in that role than she is in the current LW role. Come on! Dancing - she knows something about. Humour and current affairs - she knows nil.

Unless you lot are all ageist and have got it in for her?
GS

Loose Chowder? Strictly Come Chowder? I've just realised now. Danslink is the new guy, right? Who didn't like Kay Burley?

Whilst Arlene may not have been the most effective judge on SCD, she was more effective in that role than she is in the current LW role. Come on! Dancing - she knows something about. Humour and current affairs - she knows nil.

Unless you lot are all ageist and have got it in for her?

HA! I'm as ancient as you, you old fart.

She did know a lot about dancing, but it didn't translate into good advice. She often spoke of rather ethereal things, like "feeling tingling in her downstairs area", and lots of blithering nonsense about "romance". I often wondered how much of the gossip about the dancing couples she was referring to.

No, as judges go she wasn't the best, I thought.

Danslink is the old new guy. Now I know you're on the other side of the world, but its not like you get a delay on the forum the way you do with Corrie episodes. Try to keep up, dear.

Wink
RM
Roger Mellie
I'd like to see the following celebs as contestants in Strictly Come Dancing 2010:
Chris Jarvis

CBBC presenter or the actor (ex of The Bill and Mamma Mia)? The latter has danced on musicals...
JW
JamesWorldNews
HA! I'm as ancient as you, you old fart............Danslink is the old new guy. Now I know you're on the other side of the world, but its not like you get a delay on the forum the way you do with Corrie episodes. Try to keep up, dear. Wink

You are calling a Blantyre man an old fart????? You are brave. Well-seeing there are oceans between us. And as for the "try to keep up, dear" comment. Who do you think I am? Emily Bishop? LOL. Wink

Note your Arlene comments. You suggest her judging had no substance and were all airy-fairy. So, she was the Doily of the Strictly world then, I assume?

Now there's an idea, Gav! Maybe good old Susan could come back from China and appear as a celeb on Strictly? Or what about SuBo???? Inject a bit of Scottishness into the thing. I don't recall a Scottish contestant thus far.

Never mind ageist, they are being anti-Holyrood on SCD.
GS
Did you know Susan Doiley's sister also worked for the BBC?

You can find her in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzTolwWBDzQ
PE
Pete Founding member
I'd like to see the following celebs as contestants in Strictly Come Dancing 2010:
Chris Jarvis

CBBC presenter or the actor (ex of The Bill and Mamma Mia)? The latter has danced on musicals...

Given it's a TT request, more likely the former. In fact why not have Mr Tumble on it too as a teacher?

12 days later

JK
JayKingDoire
I have seen on the BBC Press Office website that this new series of Strictly will see the return of the Sunday night results show.

The results show will be hosted by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman. Brucie will only host Saturday show.

Will this mean the Sunday night show will be pre-recorded the night before or will it be live which The X Factor have successfully done.
DI
digipal
I have seen on the BBC Press Office website that this new series of Strictly will see the return of the Sunday night results show.

The results show will be hosted by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman. Brucie will only host Saturday show.

Will this mean the Sunday night show will be pre-recorded the night before or will it be live which The X Factor have successfully done.

I fear it will still be a pre-record on Saturday and played out as live on Sunday:cry:

Newer posts