TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2010

The Final - This Weekend (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jamesmd
Wogan won't do it (he wouldn't anyway) as he suffers back and knee problems and rumour has it, he doesn't get on very well with Brucie.

Does he really have back/knee problems? I never knew that.

JAH posted:
Blue Peter is a famous television show and Gethin Jones has a celebrity career outside of BP.

What does Gethin Jones do outside Blue Peter then? I thnk he's been on the National Lottery Draws a few times, but with so many different people who have been on that, it's difficult to remember them all.

JAH posted:
Did you know he trained as an actor/musical theatre performer? A choreographer I know has been in shows with him.

Are you talking about Pete Hillier? Here's some information about him. According to that article, Pete Hillier is a choreographer and director as well as TV presenter.

Re: Gethin, from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Presenter

Jones has been a presenter for a number of major live telecasts, including Mardi Gras in Cardiff in front of 40,000 people, Y Briodas Fawr (The Big Wedding, 2004–2005),[17] and Jones Jones Jones (2006) at Cardiff's Wales Millennium Centre where the world record was broken for the biggest gathering of people with the same surname.[18] He co-presented the 2007 New Year's Eve programme New Year Live on BBC One with Myleene Klass and Nick Knowles, which drew 9.2 million viewers.[19] On 16 February 2008, Jones began presenting a new 15-minute entertainment show entitled E24 on BBC News with James Dagwell.[20]

Between 4 and 11 May 2008, Jones was the narrator and presenter of the BBC Young Musician of the Year 2008. The biennial music competition was held at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff, and broadcast on BBC Two and BBC Four.[21]

Jones made his radio début on BBC Radio 5 Live on 5 July 2008,[22] presenting a three-hour Saturday morning show focusing on sport and entertainment.[23]

Jones appeared in The National Lottery: Big 7, a live programme broadcast on BBC One on 30 August 2008 at which the winners of the National Lottery Awards 2008 were announced.[24]

ITV1 presented Soccer Aid on 7 September 2008, and Jones was one of the players for the Rest of the World. England won four goals to three.[25] Jones was again chosen to play for the Rest of the World in the Soccer Aid match on 7 June 2010. The team won 7 goals to 6 after a penalty shoot out.

On 13 September 2008 Jones presented the Proms in the Park from Singleton Park in Swansea. This was televised on the BBC as part of the Last Night of the Proms programme and was one of the concerts available for viewers with interactive television.[26]

For six weeks from 28 September, Jones presented a programme for Virgin 1 entitled Gethin Jones' Danger Hunters, which featured adrenaline junkies and their search for the ultimate thrill.[27] Jones presented a Police Camera Action programme about the dangers of drink driving, which was aired on 17 December 2008 on ITV1.[28]

Between 7 January and 15 April 2009, Jones hosted his first quiz show, a Welsh language rugby-themed general knowledge competition, on S4C entitled Cwis Meddiant.[29] He is following this up with another quiz show on Sky1 called Sell Me the Answer. Filming of the 50 episodes took place at the Fountain Studios in Wembley, North London, and the programme commenced airing in November 2009.[30]

From 17 to 21 August 2009, Jones presented BBC1's The One Show with Gloria Hunniford during the absence of its regular presenters Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley[31]

Jones presented the Golden Globes programme from the red carpet in Los Angeles on Sunday 17 January 2010. The programme was broadcast on Sky 1 Movies and Sky 1 Movies HD, with a résumé on Sky 1 at 11pm. His co-host on the red carpet was Angela Griffin, and a studio show in the UK was hosted by Claudia Winkelman.[32]

On Friday 12 February 2010, Jones was a guest on the Welsh S4C chat show Jonathan which is presented by Jonathan Davies.[33]

It has been announced that Jones will co-host (with Kate Thornton) a programme for ITV1 entitled 71 Degrees North, which has celebrities performing various tasks in extreme weather conditions.[34]
[edit] Other work

Jones appeared as a Cyberman in a 2006 episode of Doctor Who and as a Dalek operator in the final episode in 2008.[35] He guest-starred as himself in The Sarah Jane Adventures pilot "Invasion of the Bane" (2007).

In 2007 Jones participated in Series 5 of Strictly Come Dancing, partnering Camilla Dallerup.[36] He came third after being voted out in a "dance-off" in the semi-final.[37] He also appeared in the programme's Christmas Special, finishing second behind Darren Gough after each couple received a perfect score.

Jones was one of the celebrities who took part in the Strictly Come Dancing: The Live Tour! 2009. As his partner from the television show, Camilla Dallerup, was dancing with Tom Chambers, Jones partnered Flavia Cacace. The tour commenced in Newcastle on 16 January and ended at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham on 22 February 2009 with a total of 44 shows.[38] He and his dance partner achieved a total of six wins during the run of the tour.[39]

In addition Jones' most recent television appearance is as the face of Holland and Barrett's new campaign, launched on 20 October 2009.

In December 2009, Jones appeared in the 2009 Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special along with Rachel Stevens, Ali Bastian, Ricky Whittle, Chris Hollins and Austin Healey. His partner was again Flavia Cacace. The couple were not voted into the final two, despite a score of 38 for their American Smooth.

From 4 December 2009 until 10 January 2010, Jones appeared as Prince Charming in the pantomime Cinderella at the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre in Guildford.[40]

Re: Pete - yeah. I'm talking about him. I know.
JO
Joe
Wogan won't do it (he wouldn't anyway) as he suffers back and knee problems and rumour has it, he doesn't get on very well with Brucie.

Does he really have back/knee problems? I never knew that.

No, it's all an hilarious joke.

15 days later

JO
jordanhowell
Looks as though they're moving away from the pink/purple/gold colour scheme, by the looks of the new logo.

There's also poll on the (unfinished) website asking people what they thought of the new revamped set (which will get it's first screen-airing during the new launch show on Sept 11th). The site's using the new masthead and GVL3.

The main show returns the weekend of Oct 2nd..

DA
Danslink
Looks as though they're moving away from the pink/purple/gold colour scheme, by the looks of the new logo.

There's also poll on the (unfinished) website asking people what they thought of the new revamped set (which will get it's first screen-airing during the new launch show on Sept 11th). The site's using the new masthead and GVL3.

The main show returns the weekend of Oct 2nd..

Love the logo!

I hope they go all out with the set aswell. It needs to look slick and cool like a jazz club.
DO
dosxuk
I think that's the first time I've ever seen the words "slick & cool" followed by the words "jazz club" Laughing
WE
Westy2
I think that's the first time I've ever seen the words "slick & cool" followed by the words "jazz club" Laughing

Nice ! Very Happy
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
I hope they go all out with the set aswell. It needs to look slick and cool like a jazz club.

So, a show about ballroom dancing should look more like a jazz club.

Not a ballroom then?

Riiiggghht.
DA
Danslink

Not a ballroom then?

Riiiggghht.

I meant the look of the set.

Please do not patronise me.
JO
Joe

I'm sure Gavin knows that, he's just questioning the logic.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member

Not a ballroom then?

Riiiggghht.

Of course you meant the look of the set. What did you think I thought you meant? It still makes no sense.

Thank you for your concern about my ability to patronise; but all things considered I will do things my way.

Sound familiar?
Last edited by Gavin Scott on 23 August 2010 1:21pm
DA
Danslink

Not a ballroom then?

Riiiggghht.

Of course you meant the look of the set. What did you think I thought you meant? It still makes no sense.

Thank you for your concern about my ability to patronise; but all things considered I will do things my way.

Sound familiar?

Yes, it does. And I appreciate your honesty.

I do not attack anyone personally though.
HO
House

I don't like the 'm' - it looks too much like "Corne" to me.

Not a ballroom then?

Riiiggghht.

Sound familiar?

Yes, it does. And I appreciate your honesty.

I do not attack anyone personally though.

When did Danslink get banned?

Newer posts