The Gallery

ITV 1 Ident

Tower Bridge (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TV Matters
I am unsure as to whether or not this is worth uploading.
WARNING THIS IS A POWERPOINT MOCK

I was clearing my files so thought I better upload before deletion.

http://jump.fm/HAPWB - then click
Quote:
Save file to your PC: click here
Do not click on any of the download buttons, - they are pop ups.

Be as critical as you like
You will need office 2007/10
Last edited by TV Matters on 19 August 2010 12:31pm - 2 times in total
JO
Joe
Will you just go away? I haven't looked but it involves quite a lot of effort on my part, it's in PowerPoint and based on your past probably awful and churned out in five seconds. Why haven't you told us the concept or anything about it? How can a channel have one ident? Why don't you go and think about what you're doing rather than just sitting there in your darkened bedroom with PowerPoint open for two minutes - or better still, go outside and enjoy your summer holiday?
I'm gonna be honest. I was expecting a lot worse. I do like the black and yellow you have after the logo forms, but the Tower Bridge thing? Meh. And it's a crap animation too, but that's PowerPoint so what can you do :/
AG
AxG
Far too London based having Tower Bridge, and not a good idea for a broadcaster to nick an image off the Internet which then fades into the end promo board background. Also bad idea using the "Pride" ident music rather than the current, and the ITV1 logo is a bit small, And then you have put in a sound clip of the headlines for ITV News over the ident.
EE
EdExcel
I think it is great Very Happy

I think you have managed to pull off something good in a restricted programme.

Well Done! Very Happy
MW
Mike W
I've seen better from Powerpoint, This is awful.
You've just spent 5 minutes using custom animation and slapped it up here.
No thinking, no background. You did it because you were bored, don't worry, school starts in 2 weeks...

EdExcel, I suggest you try and find the ITV Regional News astons from 2006 done in PPT.
ET
ETP1 Forever
What's with the random discrimination towards students?
Last edited by ETP1 Forever on 20 August 2010 10:52am - 4 times in total
TV
TV Matters

You did it because you were bored

Yes, I do all my mocks because im bored.

don't worry, school starts in 2 weeks...

Pathetic.
DO
dosxuk
What's with the random discrimination towards students?

It's not discriminations towards students, it's discrimination towards bored people posting the entire contents of their brain on this site.

This mock and many others of the same calibre could be improved no end by not posting as soon as it's vaguelly looking right, but polishing and tweaking it up until it's something to be proud of. Unfortunately, that takes more than two minutes.
DO
dosxuk
I do all my mocks because im bored.

You don't have to post them here though. Come up with your ideas when bored, keep them on your computer. Then when you have some spare time, work on the good ones. And keep working on them until they are of a quality you would expect to see on TV. It doesn't matter if the graphics aren't perfect, provided you've got a good idea, and you explain it well - people have been known to post pencil drawings and recieve good comments.

don't worry, school starts in 2 weeks...

Pathetic.

I think Michael was aiming that bit at the rest of us on TVF. We're all looking forward to the start of term, as it means less bored people speaking there branes.
TV
TV Matters
I do all my mocks because im bored.

You don't have to post them here though. Come up with your ideas when bored, keep them on your computer. Then when you have some spare time, work on the good ones. And keep working on them until they are of a quality you would expect to see on TV. It doesn't matter if the graphics aren't perfect, provided you've got a good idea, and you explain it well - people have been known to post pencil drawings and recieve good comments.

Well I cant exactly develop these because there on powerpoint, so this is as good as it gets, but thank you for understanding. Laughing
DO
dosxuk
Well I cant exactly develop these because there on powerpoint, so this is as good as it gets, but thank you for understanding. Laughing

Yes you can. You can source better images, you can pre-render stuff in other applications and embed it into the Powerpoint file, you could abandon powerpoint and rebuild it in another package which allows better results, you could render specific parts of the ident outside of powerpoint to full quality. And if, for some reason, you can't do any of that, you should as a minimum describe in your OP, exactly what changes you'd make, and how it would look when rendered for use - otherwise people will think that what you've posted is what you expect to see on screen - and do you honestly see ITV1 using this as is?

Finally, you could come up with a full description of what the ident is, how it develops, how you see it being used and how you feel it fits into the rest of the ITV1 package. You could also do some screengrabs of the resolution of the ident and incorporate them into your post so that people can see what it is you're telling them to download.

Newer posts