TV Home Forum

The X Factor

Matt Cardle Wins & Gets Xmas No.1 (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BE
Ben Founding member
I wouldn't be surprised if they released a finalists single in time for Christmas Number 1.
PT
Put The Telly On
Ben posted:
I wouldn't be surprised if they released a finalists single in time for Christmas Number 1.

At the least, Cowell could pull his finger out with a better song.
WE
Westy2
I'll have to find something else to watch as I'm not watching anything involving Cowell!
NE
newsatten
I'll have to find something else to watch as I'm not watching anything involving Cowell!

I take it your not a fan of Mr Cowell then? Laughing

His actually my favourite judge - ok he has the so called "Mr Nasty" persona. But most of the time, he says it how it is.

I also think his quite clever - take last year for example - Jedward were obviously crap, but Simon & the other producers knew that it would bring great publicity for the show and most importantly make great, fun, talked about TV. I don't really see another programme on the same scale of hype/ publicty & ratings of teh X Factor.

Whilst some people are saying the formats getting a bit tired now; I think Simon is actaully clever enough to ( in the last few series at least) make at least one change every year to keep the show fresh and one or two major changes every other year.
FE
Felek
I am looking forward to the changes this year, it seems that the production team are taking notice of what people want, mainly regarding the ditching of sob stories/over used songs. I hope they also come up with something clever to take on another ridiculous 'rage' attempt.

People have mentioned that The X Factor is coming to the end of its life, and needs something new to take its place. Unless something particularly amazing and ground-breaking comes along, I'm not sure anything else can take its place. Every other talent show out there at the moment just seems to be a poor imitation of The X Factor, if only replacing singers with dancers.

Unless these 'rage' attempts completely wash out this year's contest (especially now with the weekly track releases), I can see the public's appetite for this show lasting for a few more years yet.
JO
jordanhowell
The first show is 19:30 - 21:00 on August 21st, not 20:30.
NE
newsatten
The first show is 19:30 - 21:00 on August 21st, not 20:30.

yeah it was rumoured it would be at that time - hence why I put it.
I noticed it had changed on Radio Times this morning. Only just got the chance to change it.
JA
jay Founding member
......and it's all going to be in glorious HIGH DEFINITION!
NE
newsatten
jay posted:

yeah although I wonder if the auditions will be ? Because on BGT only the live shows were.
JO
jordanhowell
jay posted:

yeah although I wonder if the auditions will be ? Because on BGT only the live shows were.

Auditions are too Smile
JA
jay Founding member
jay posted:

Auditions are too Smile

Yep the whole thing will be HD... I think Xtra Factor will be HD from the live shows stage onwards in October - for the launch of ITV2HD!
NE
newsatten
I should expect we might see the first promo either tonight or tomorrow - I think it's normally the weekend before they launch them.

Newer posts