TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2010

The Final - This Weekend (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsatten
Been suggested in another thread that their should be Strictly Come Dancing 2010 thread.

Discuss! Very Happy
Last edited by newsatten on 14 December 2010 10:03pm
JA
jamesmd
Hehe - I've just got to say, one of the things that sets Strictly apart from the usual fare for me is the band and singers. It's so good to see live music on British TV again - and I only think we should have more of it.
TT
Tumble Tower
I'd like to see the following celebs as contestants in Strictly Come Dancing 2010:

Jon Bentley , Jason Bradbury , Suzi Perry and/or Ortis Deeley from Five's The Gadget Show .
Pete Hillier from Boogie Beebies (if he can be instructor for a pre-schoolers' dance show, he's definitely got the talent to dance)
Chris Jarvis
Terry Wogan
Fearne Cotton
Huw Edwards (BBC newsreader)
Jessica Garlick (she sang for UK in the 2002 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 3rd)
Jade Ewen (she sang for the UK in 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 5th)
Chris Tarrant from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Cliff Richard
Vernon Kay
Gary Wilmot

And please NO GMTV PRESENTERS. They've been hopeless in recent years, i.e. Kate Garraway (2007) was eliminated week 7 and Andrew Castle (2008) was eliminated week 7.
JA
jamesmd
I'd like to see the following celebs as contestants in Strictly Come Dancing 2010:

Jon Bentley , Jason Bradbury , Suzi Perry and/or Ortis Deeley from Five's The Gadget Show .
Pete Hillier from Boogie Beebies (if he can be instructor for a pre-schoolers' dance show, he's definitely got the talent to dance)
Chris Jarvis
Terry Wogan
Fearne Cotton
Huw Edwards (BBC newsreader)
Jessica Garlick (she sang for UK in the 2002 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 3rd)
Jade Ewen (she sang for the UK in 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 5th)
Chris Tarrant from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Cliff Richard
Vernon Kay
Gary Wilmot

And please NO GMTV PRESENTERS. They've been hopeless in recent years, i.e. Kate Garraway (2007) was eliminated week 7 and Andrew Castle (2008) was eliminated week 7.

The first one is entirely possible. The rest? The closest that you come to reality is with Gary Wilmot. And NOBODY would vote for people like Pete Hillier and Jessica Garlick. Just no.
JW
JamesWorldNews
How sad! Apart from the obvious Cliffs, Wogans, Wilmots, Newsreader and Tarrants, I have hardly ever heard of any of the other names listed above.

I must be getting old....................... Crying or Very sad

(Either that, or none of them are actually "celebrities" at all.)
TT
Tumble Tower
JAH posted:
The first one is entirely possible. The rest? The closest that you come to reality is with Gary Wilmot. And NOBODY would vote for people like Pete Hillier and Jessica Garlick. Just no.

What makes you think Jon Bentley of the Gadget Show would be the best candidate on my list? Do you watch The Gadget Show? I mentioned the four Gadget Show presenters: Jon Bentley, Suzi Perry, Jason Bradbury and Ortis Deeley as contenders.

What makes you think no-one would vote for Jessica Garlick? She sang so well for the UK with "Come Back" in the 2002 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 3rd with 111 points. Would Jade Ewen be more likely to attract votes, having sung "My Time" for the UK in Eurovision Song Contest 2009 and finished 5th with 173 points?

What makes you think no-one would vote for Pete Hillier? He's got the talent to dance, has he not?
DA
Danslink
Sara Cox and Marian Keyes. Oh yes!
JA
jamesmd
JAH posted:

What makes you think Jon Bentley of the Gadget Show would be the best candidate on my list? Do you watch The Gadget Show? I mentioned the four Gadget Show presenters: Jon Bentley, Suzi Perry, Jason Bradbury and Ortis Deeley as contenders.

What makes you think no-one would vote for Jessica Garlick? She sang so well for the UK with "Come Back" in the 2002 Eurovision Song Contest, and finished 3rd with 111 points. Would Jade Ewen be more likely to attract votes, having sung "My Time" for the UK in Eurovision Song Contest 2009 and finished 5th with 173 points?

What makes you think no-one would vote for Pete Hillier? He's got the talent to dance, has he not?

I didn't necessarily mean the first name, rather the first genre of celebrity (any one of the names from the show, probably Suzi Perry...).

How Jessica finished at Eurovision has nothing to do with whether she'd make a good contestant on SCD - the sad few who know who she is will be the only ones who vote. It isn't necessarily about who can dance, it's got a lot to do with likeability and how well known the 'celeb' is. Jade Ewen wouldn't do it. She's too busy/successful in the Sugababes. I think.

And as for Pete Hillier - you don't need me to tell you that's a non-starter.
TT
Tumble Tower
JAH posted:
How Jessica finished at Eurovision has nothing to do with whether she'd make a good contestant on SCD - the sad few who know who she is will be the only ones who vote. It isn't necessarily about who can dance, it's got a lot to do with likeability and how well known the 'celeb' is. Jade Ewen wouldn't do it. She's too busy/successful in the Sugababes. I think.

A lot of people watch the Eurovision Song Contest, there are thousands of dedicated fans (some of whom go as far as to buy the official CDs, DVDs and books that come out. So there should be plenty who'll recognise past ESC artists such as Jessica Garlick and Jade Ewen.

I didn't know until you'd just told me that Jade Ewen has joined Sugababes since representing the UK in Eurovision Song Contest 2009.

JAH posted:

Why is he a non-starter? Just because he's host of a pre-school children's programme Boogie Beebies? Well Gethin Jones from Blue Peter (also a children's programme) took part in SCD 2007 (his partner was Camilla Dallerup) and he did very well and made it to the semi-final. Don't tell me that presenters of kids' TV shows are non-starters in SCD.
PT
Put The Telly On
Wogan won't do it (he wouldn't anyway) as he suffers back and knee problems and rumour has it, he doesn't get on very well with Brucie.
JA
jamesmd
JAH posted:

A lot of people watch the Eurovision Song Contest, there are thousands of dedicated fans (some of whom go as far as to buy the official CDs, DVDs and books that come out. So there should be plenty who'll recognise past ESC artists such as Jessica Garlick and Jade Ewen.

I didn't know until you'd just told me that Jade Ewen has joined Sugababes since representing the UK in Eurovision Song Contest 2009.

JAH posted:

Why is he a non-starter? Just because he's host of a pre-school children's programme Boogie Beebies? Well Gethin Jones from Blue Peter (also a children's programme) took part in SCD 2007 (his partner was Camilla Dallerup) and he did very well and made it to the semi-final. Don't tell me that presenters of kids' TV shows are non-starters in SCD.

Re: Eurovision entrants - yes, thousands of dedicated fans. But Garlick will not be as popular as someone like Tina O'Brien or Felicity Kendal - I presume those names fall outside of your remit. Bear in mind as well those thousands of dedicated fans, compared to the millions who watch Strictly. Millions do watch Eurovision but remember not a lot.

Blue Peter is a famous television show and Gethin Jones has a celebrity career outside of BP. Pete Hillier isn't that famous at all by comparison - Boogie Beebies has a far more limited reach than Blue Peter. Face it - you'll never see him on prime time.

Did you know he trained as an actor/musical theatre performer? A choreographer I know has been in shows with him.
TT
Tumble Tower
Wogan won't do it (he wouldn't anyway) as he suffers back and knee problems and rumour has it, he doesn't get on very well with Brucie.

Does he really have back/knee problems? I never knew that.

JAH posted:
Blue Peter is a famous television show and Gethin Jones has a celebrity career outside of BP.

What does Gethin Jones do outside Blue Peter then? I thnk he's been on the National Lottery Draws a few times, but with so many different people who have been on that, it's difficult to remember them all.

JAH posted:
Did you know he trained as an actor/musical theatre performer? A choreographer I know has been in shows with him.

Are you talking about Pete Hillier? Here's some information about him. According to that article, Pete Hillier is a choreographer and director as well as TV presenter.

Newer posts