The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RH
richard h
Simon Newton on at 1am, They are trying out a lot of new people on overnights recently
MA
Magoo
Simon Newton on at 1am, They are trying out a lot of new people on overnights recently

Last I saw tried out was Adrian Simpson, who I wasn't particularly impressed by. Anyone else? The problem is all the reporters who I think could be very good presenters in the future are currently excellent correspondents, so it would seem a waste to bump them onto overnights: Niall Paterson, Katie Stallard, etc.
JA
Jamesypoo

He was replaced by Lukwesa Burak at 2.30 so perhaps she had problems getting in or something?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Forgive me for asking what may be an old question, but could someone please summarise which Sky Anchors / Correspondents / Reporters / Weatherforecasters / Sports Presenters were recently "made redundant" in the recent cuts?

I know Francis Wilson was one of them, but who are the other confirmed departees?

Thanks.
MA
Magoo
Forgive me for asking what may be an old question, but could someone please summarise which Sky Anchors / Correspondents / Reporters / Weatherforecasters / Sports Presenters were recently "made redundant" in the recent cuts?

I know Francis Wilson was one of them, but who are the other confirmed departees?

Thanks.

Off the top of my head:

Chris Roberts
Geoff Meade
Rona Dougall
Paul Brennan
Francis Wilson
Lisa Burke
Sarah Pennock
Last edited by Magoo on 16 July 2010 12:06am
SU
superbread
Denise Nurse has just been back on doing a weather report!!
EX
excel99
Its always possible redudant presenters could return on a freelance basis.But was Denise Nurse freelance anyway considering she also does Escape to the Country?
JO
Johnnie
Its always possible redudant presenters could return on a freelance basis.But was Denise Nurse freelance anyway considering she also does Escape to the Country?

Denise was an internal lawyer for Sky before winning a internal competition to become on-air talent. So I'd imagine she was/is a permanent member of the Sky News team.
TW
Tom W

Denise was an internal lawyer for Sky before winning a internal competition to become on-air talent. So I'd imagine she was/is a permanent member of the Sky News team.

http://www.halebury.com/about.php?pid=15
JW
JamesWorldNews
Good to see Joey Jones promoted to Deputy. It's good business practice in all ventures to implement some form of succession planning for key positions. I know he still has many more years to run in the role of supreme anchorman, but I wonder who we think could be in a position to take over from JT when he retires many years from now..........? It wouldn't necessarily be a current Sky anchor.

My money's on Andrew Wilson.
TW
Tom W
Good to see Joey Jones promoted to Deputy. It's good business practice in all ventures to implement some form of succession planning for key positions. I know he still has many more years to run in the role of supreme anchorman, but I wonder who we think could be in a position to take over from JT when he retires many years from now..........? It wouldn't necessarily be a current Sky anchor.

I'd be more inclined to say Dermot
MA
Magoo

I'd be more inclined to say Dermot

As a like-for-like replacement for JT, I'd also say Andrew Wilson - somebody who spent many years as a foreign correspondent before getting behind the presenter's desk and seems comfortable covering any sort of story. Colin Brazier would also fit the bill, I guess. Both are very decent presenters now. Dermot does have the benefit of being very recognisable for UK audiences though. The other factor that draws me towards Wilson/Brazier rather than Dermot is that they tend to be sent to do on-location presenting because of their reporting background, an important aspect of JT's role.

Newer posts