« Topics
David
Must have left for their break too early.

Any timings on a live (delayed?) show like this would only be a guide, wouldn't they? I am sure Big Brother's Big Mouth have overrun slighty before, so it can't be completely automated. On Sky, during the frozen IAMS cat, there was a 'press green' icon to set a reminder, like you would see over programme trails, so something was obviously playing out somewhere to trigger this icon, we just couldn't see it on air.
Larry the Loafer5,606 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
They've gone once again, just as they were leading into a live task in front of the crowd. Cut to a green screen, now showing a 'Programmes will continue shortly' caption with apologies over it. Going by what the CA is saying, it's a power cut of some sort. I can feel the time being eaten away very, very slowly.

...has Channel 4 been bitten by the ITV bug?
Larry the Loafer5,606 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
They're back... but it's not live... repeating what Davina said just before the fault. Looks like they've just delayed what's happened over the caption. I'm guessing Davina will mention something after the break.

...or is it live at all?
Last edited by Larry the Loafer on 2 July 2010 10:48pm
rayhen114 (previously royhenry114) 63 posts since 4 Sep 2007
So if a breakdown ever happened they would continue recording anyway to finish the show?

EDIT: So they record the results show straight after the first half? In that case, what will happen with Big Mouth - the main show will run over 5 mins I presume, so will she be in both places at the same time!?
Last edited by rayhen114 on 2 July 2010 10:59pm
gottago2,885 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
I wouldn't be surprised if they filmed the eviction show immediately after the first, there's no excuse really to leave the audience standing for ages longer and keep on bothering the neighbours with the noise from the crowds.
gottago2,885 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
So if a breakdown ever happened they would continue recording anyway to finish the show?

EDIT: So they record the results show straight after the first half? In that case, what will happen with Big Mouth - the main show will run over 5 mins I presume, so will she be in both places at the same time!?

I think Big Mouth starts one or two minutes after its start time anyway so they should be able to get away with it. I don't think the main show ever ends at dead on five past either.