TV Home Forum

Britains Got Talent

Britains Got Talent ends for another year (April 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsatten
well judging by the viewing figures I'd say 99.9% of people will watch it live!

What an odd statement.

Changed now anyway!! Is this acceptable? Rolling Eyes

I see you're still reeling because I picked you up (might I add, tongue-in-cheek, because you may not have considered it) on a grammatical error. I'm only thinking of others who may not be so lucky as you with a free Saturday evening.

on the ratings bit - i meant that BGT having such high viewing figures say 12/13/14+ million - most people are watching it live - only a million or 2m watch the repeat the next day ( although i do know that anyone who watches it later on, up untill 6am this morning i think are including in the overnight ratings.

fair enough - if it was a tounge in cheek comment ( it is hard to know whether it is over the internet and also there are quite a few people who do say it agressively on here!)
Last edited by newsatten on 5 June 2010 11:05pm
JO
Joe
on the ratings bit - i meant that BGT having such high viewing figures say 12/13/14+ million - most people are watching it live - only a million or 2m watch the repeat the next day ( although i do know that anyone who watches it later on, up untill 6am this morning i think are including in the overnight ratings.

That number is still quite high - and there are PVRs and other things too.

fair enough - if it was a tounge in cheek comment ( it is hard to know whether it is over the internet and also there are quite a few people who do say it agressively on hear!)

That's okay.

By the way, it's here. Wink
NE
newsatten

That number is still quite high - and there are PVRs and other things too.

fair enough - if it was a tounge in cheek comment ( it is hard to know whether it is over the internet and also there are quite a few people who do say it agressively on hear!)

That's okay.

By the way, it's here. Wink

of course that was done purposely to see if you'd notice Laughing
damm - that will teach me to have multiple tabs open at the same time!! Laughing
NE
newsatten
19:30- Britain's Got Talent: The Final: 12.3m (54.6%)
* excluding HD: 11.8m (52.0%)
* 15-minute peak [exc. HD]: 13.1m (53.9%)
so with HD the peak should be around 13.6m

* 2010 overnight series average: 10.0m (43%)
* 2009 overnight series average: 12.4m (52%)
* 2008 overnight series average: 9.6m (42%)
FE
Felek
What a shoe-box fountain really is! Just goes to show how much work blackout curtains and wide-angle lenses do to make that studio look big, will be interesting to watch the show back.
From the POV of watching it live in the audience, Spellbound and Kieran were the most entertaining. Twist and Pulse didn't come across as they do on screen, similarly with Tobias.
HO
House
Felek posted:
What a shoe-box fountain really is! Just goes to show how much work blackout curtains and wide-angle lenses do to make that studio look big, will be interesting to watch the show back.
From the POV of watching it live in the audience, Spellbound and Kieran were the most entertaining. Twist and Pulse didn't come across as they do on screen, similarly with Tobias.

I thought the BGT studio looked much smaller than the Over the Rainbow one, but I'm sure it wasn't. Not a fan of the curved-feeling to the BGT set either.
NE
newsatten
House posted:
Felek posted:

I thought the BGT studio looked much smaller than the Over the Rainbow one, but I'm sure it wasn't. Not a fan of the curved-feeling to the BGT set either.

prefered the old one tbh!
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Well the voting stats are in for the semi-finals:
http://talent.itv.com/2010/news/article/read_the-voting-stats_item_100782.htm

There is only one entry where the judge vote went against that of the public, and it was for boyband Connected as they came third in their semi-final on the public vote.

Wiki has somehow obtained the vote breakdown share for the final:

1st with 31% Spelbound
2nd with 22% Twist and Pulse
3rd with 12% Kieran Gaffney
4th with 12% Tina and Chandi
5th with 8% Paul Burling
6th with 4% Tobias Mead
7th with 4% Christopher Stone
8th with 3% Janey Cutler
9th with 2% Liam McNally
10th with 2% Connected

If the figures are right, it was pretty close. Surprised that Janey Cutler was so far down and Connected, well I don't think it's the end of the world for them.

Let's see: Twist & Pulse, loved it, great act. Worthy second. Liam McNally - point proven. Get a standing ovation at audition stage is no guarantee of getting one in the final. What we all wanted never happened - a voice that breaks in the middle of a song. Paul Burling, at least it wasn't Harry Hill and I appreciate none of the characters he did can sing, but I hope he himself can sing better than that. Tina & Chandi, carbon copy of semi-final albeit in a different order. Shame Simon Cowell wrote the dog off there and then. Connected, well crying on stage doesn't seem to help your cause even when they are happy tears. Real tears will be due though if Piers Morgan goes ahead and manages them... Kieran Gaffney, drummed his little heart out and then some more. Serious kudos for coming third, though I think they milked his "drumming on everything in sight" gag a bit too far on BGMT. Tobias Mead - Like watching grown-up Aidan Davies, except backwards. And somehow not as good, either. Janey Cutler - well, I suppose missing your cue probably didn't help. Lovely lady though. Spelbound - fantastic. Edward Upcott is 18? You'd never think it from looking at and hearing from him, would you?
:-(
A former member
Connected last No surprise there, as that was the one act that never won the public support, Janey know from the start she mist the beat, just look at her face.....
NE
newsatten
Connected last No surprise there, as that was the one act that never won the public support, Janey know from the start she mist the beat, just look at her face.....

I actually didn't mind Connected. Spelbound did deserve the win though!

Newer posts