TV Home Forum

Britains Got Talent

Britains Got Talent ends for another year (April 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BI
birdie100
Apologies if it's just me, but the "wide angle" shot consistently appears to only have two Xs in it. I still haven't figured out who it is who has the missing X, the shot passes so fast and I'm watching online so it's blurry at the best of times. Has anyone else noted this?
NE
newsatten
Apologies if it's just me, but the "wide angle" shot consistently appears to only have two Xs in it. I still haven't figured out who it is who has the missing X, the shot passes so fast and I'm watching online so it's blurry at the best of times. Has anyone else noted this?

not really!
NG
noggin Founding member
Felek posted:
The focus on the Judge's CU camera is starting to bug me a bit. I noticed it on last year's Live X Factor shows, but its even more noticeable on BGT this year in HD. It seems as if its an auto focus lens not quite settling... I presume its on a remote controlled camera?

Probably - but all decent broadcast camera lenses have electronic remote controlled focus - you have a zoom/focus demand unit on your pan bar to control the focus servos. Even if you are stood behind the camera the focus is electronically remotely controlled.
NI
Nicky

Occasionally I've seen the same - nothing important, it just looks like parts of the set obscure either first or third "X", depending on the camera angle.
BR
Brekkie
And also this year when someone has buzzed they've been quite slow to show who has actually buzzed. I think though this is the first year when nobody got completely buzzed off in the semi-finals.
NE
newsatten
And also this year when someone has buzzed they've been quite slow to show who has actually buzzed. I think though this is the first year when nobody got completely buzzed off in the semi-finals.

yeah I've notice that too - you normally get a really quick cut away shot of the buzzers.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Potential contenders for the finals IMO are any of the dance acts. Kieran's great at what he does, but I will be surprised if he's in the final on Saturday as I see little scope for the act to go, unless he can play blindfold, or juggle pianos at the same time. Serious Kudos to him though for coming back this year and dumping Mum & Dad.

Okay well I take it back. I am surprised. I honestly didn't think it was going to happen.
Intrigued to see what'll happen tomorrow with Kieran, unless that flying drumkit can morph into Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I fear more of the same. Aidan Davies last year did pretty much the same thing in the final last year as his semi (in a different order) and finished seventh. Go figure.

I do wonder how much of Kieran's backstory plays into this saga. Admittedly it was only ever mentioned in passing during the semi that he auditioned last year, failed, came back this year, watched his world crash down around his ears when it emerged mum & dad can't sing for toffee and the band sucked, went solo and now Kieran suddenly seems to be the best thing since sliced bread. Sob stories have been milked before on this show but, meh, makes you wonder sometimes.

As for the rest of the acts, Chippendoubles, as stated on the show, the surprise is gone and I think it's a one-trick pony as well. Liam McNally, fantastic voice as it stands, though I think we all know how this is going to pan out after BGT and I very much doubt he'll sing like that in December. The pole dancer was, wow, she was lovely. According to More Talent, that pole was too greasy, which could have been interesting viewing. Myztikal - more work needed I reckon. Potential. Dance Flavourz - Great fun, though the runaway elephant was the highlight. Father & Son - classic example of how not to do a duet. Not just cheesy and not just over the top, more like over the lip of the bowl, down the cupboard and halfway across the kitchen floor. A3 - clearly under-rehearsed, out of step and walking wounded. Professionalism and determination are one thing, but prancing about with an injury is asking for trouble.

I reckon the final will come down to two of these acts: Janey Cutler, Spelbound, Connected, Kieran Gaffney and Liam McNally, if the inevitable doesn't happen overnight to him. Paul Burling will be stuffed if all he can do is Harry Hill impressions. The dog act will probably wear off in due time and if the dog isn't in the mood the act is stuffed anyway, which kind of makes them slightly dangerous to put to air.
BR
Brekkie
I don't think any of the singers are good enough to win this year - and always annoys me how they usually reprise their audition piece whilst the dance acts will do something brand new. I'd say it's between Spelbound and Twist & Pulse, but really could be a surprise tonight.

As often is the case with BGT the running order will be important - last year for the first time they mixed up runner-ups and winners, which saw Flawless (who won their heat) perform first and Diversity (who were runner-ups) appear ninth. Had all the runners-up performed in the first half of the show I'm not sure Diversity would have done so well.
NE
newsatten
I've heard there've got the James Corden/Dizzy Rascal World Cup song performace tonight
- not too bad actaully here it you want a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV3GRAK5Gw0&feature=related

Also I've heard they may have Subo performing too.
GO
gonzo
I hate Britain's Got Talent.
DB
dbl
Wrong thread then Wink
BR
Brekkie
Twist & Pulse screwed over then by being put on first - if they'd been towards the end of the show they'd have a genuine chance. Spelbound were superb, whilst the singing accountant performed better than he ever has before - and didn't resort to his audition song either.

They were far too easy on Janey - it's a two minute performance and should be judged on those two minutes, not just the 20-second when she was actually in time. If it had been anyone else they'd have been slated.

Newer posts