TV Home Forum

Britains Got Talent

Britains Got Talent ends for another year (April 2010)

BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I noticed on one of the competitions today (probably This Morning) they used the phrase "red button viewers" too. Also note that in one of their World Cup promos ITV have the red button prompt burnt onto the promo, which obviously doesn't work on Freeview - though really know reason (well, other than bandwidth) why ITV couldn't offer something on Freeview considering most of their red button offerings are text based.

Right result I think tonight - although Neil gave a better performance on the night, If Connected did get it right on Saturday they could have a chance of winning.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
NE
newsatten
"Red Button viewers can press their Red Button"

Why is it scripted like that on the autocue, surely it should be "Digital viewers..."

Red button viewers and digital viewers are not the same. Red Button viewers are viewers on a platform where the red button does something. Pressing red on ITV1 via Freeview probably does nothing. I don't know about Freesat. Viewers watching on a FTA satellite receiver would not be able to press the red button either.

but red button viewers aren't viewing through their red button their only pressing it. Wheras people are "viewing" through digital.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
What are the rules about professional entertainers appearing on BGT?

There are no such rules AIUI.

I think as long as they say that their professional's it's ok.

BGT is open to everybody regardless of previous professional work or not as the case may be. I see not the problem. Some examples:

As previously stated, Stevie Starr is all over YouTube and has been doing this somewhat disturbing act for years.

Last year's Shaheen Jafargholi had previously acted prior to singing.

Heck, Diversity were dancing for three years before they arrived on BGT and if you hung around in Essex shopping centres you could probably have seen them.

The DJ Talent bloke from last year was on T4, Friday Night Project and Jeremy Kyle, of all places.

Another act that's scheduled to appear later this week, the 9 year old Aidan Davis wannabe Tyler Patterson, was spotted by STV and sent by them to do some red carpet interviews at the MOBO Awards last year.

In other matters though, some half decent acts though realistically the acts tend to fall into a few categories and you can tell immediately who goes into which box: The "not in a month of Sunday" acts where something has gone badly wrong if any of them win (Lady Gaga "impressionist" for example and the bloke who chopped wood), the "on another day maybe they'd win" acts (such as Josh Barry and Neil Fullard), those that if the lineup was different you could argue the final outcome would be different, and then there's the "almost certain" acts. Here I'd argue Spelbound were firmly in here, and (audience viewership pending) Connected.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Didn't they used to say "Sky and Virgin Media viewers..." but I suppose that may be classed as advertising so should be avoided?
DA
David_02 Granada North West Today
Didn't they used to say "Sky and Virgin Media viewers..." but I suppose that may be classed as advertising so should be avoided?

Referring to them as 'satellite and cable' would easily solve that one.
DA
David

Referring to them as 'satellite and cable' would easily solve that one.

Sky != satellite
Satellite != Sky.

Virgin != cable
cable != Virgin.
JC
JCB
Is this still going?
NE
newsatten
JCB posted:
Is this still going?

Is what still going? Very Happy
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Something irritating me last night with The Fusion was how they kept saying they should try again next year - but fail to mention that by qualifying for the live shows this year they actually won't be allowed to enter next year. Only those who don't make the live shows have been allowed to return in the past.

All in all though I thought last night's live show was the best of the week. A little dance heavy perhaps, but more talent than freak show. A bit patronising though to name Janey as the best act of the night when, like Susan Boyle in her semi-final last year, she clearly wasn't.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
FE
Felek
The focus on the Judge's CU camera is starting to bug me a bit. I noticed it on last year's Live X Factor shows, but its even more noticeable on BGT this year in HD. It seems as if its an auto focus lens not quite settling... I presume its on a remote controlled camera?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Something irritating me last night with The Fusion was how they kept saying they should try again next year - but fail to mention that by qualifying for the live shows this year they actually won't be allowed to enter next year. Only those who don't make the live shows have been allowed to return in the past.

I think you may find there's a lot more to the story than what we see on screen, including the presence of an extra audition round held off-screen for "serious" contenders, presumably to filter out four year olds singing Baa Baa Black Sheep. Just because they don't turn up on screen next year doesn't mean they didn't try to audition again, I mean there must be copious amounts of unused audition footage that is never used, if the amount of people in the cutaway shots are anything to go by.

Quote:
All in all though I thought last night's live show was the best of the week. A little dance heavy perhaps, but more talent than freak show. A bit patronising though to name Janey as the best act of the night when, like Susan Boyle in her semi-final last year, she clearly wasn't.

I thought there was only four good acts: Janey Cutler, Tyler Patterson, Twist & Pulse and Peridot. Ice was too cutesy, Tean Shaolin was an excuse to wave beds of nails and swords around, The Fusion were admittedly better when they didn't look like witches, and as for Emile Harris, well he shot himself in the foot as far as I'm concerned and his response on More Talent was one of "sod this for a game of soldiers" - another dream of instant success goes up in smoke.

Janey wasn't the best act of the night either - off the beat, didn't look comfortable and with all due respect to her, it's a mystery to me as why American TV is so keen to get her on the talk shows over there. Yes, she's 81 years old, very well done, age is no barrier, etc but contrary to what the media dubbed her, this isn't Susan Boyle Mark II and I reckon Ms Cutler will disappear back into obscurity if she doesn't win the final on Saturday.

Still at least in the previous shows the legend that the final act always wins the semi-final has now pretty much been shattered. The Harry Hill impressionist was fourth up, and even last year's ultimate winners Diversity were first up on the first Semi-Final.

Let's see, Fridays act: A3, Dance Flavourz and Myztikal, and 14-year-old singer Liam McNally. Drummer Kieran Gaffney, the Chippendoubles, Father and Son and pole dancer Alesia Vazmitsel. Potential contenders for the finals IMO are any of the dance acts. Kieran's great at what he does, but I will be surprised if he's in the final on Saturday as I see little scope for the act to go, unless he can play blindfold, or juggle pianos at the same time. Serious Kudos to him though for coming back this year and dumping Mum & Dad.
KA
KA_UK
You can't get do the voting via Freesat, so that's why they say "red button viewers".
You can find the perfectblend.net

Newer posts