TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Big week of storylines and Corrie in HD from Monday (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsatten
The filmic is already something i'm fearing..

*jots down in jotter Wink *

Looking forward to the changes though, and great street pics Jez.

yeah forgot to mention that too - thanks Jez - your photo's are always appriecated! Very Happy

Edit: And a 1000 pages it is!!
The funny thing is the first page of this thread - all the way back in 2004!

Jez ( well it had to be!) posted
Quote:
I think Rita did the right thing tonight, she may have been foolish with that outburst but why should she shut up and take what they throw at her when she is innocent.

I wlaways find it funny reading things from years ago! Laughing
JE
Jez Founding member
Thanks

Ah yes I loved that storyline where Rita was accused of hitting Chesney - cant believe it was 6 years ago. So much has changed and so many people come and gone. That was a good year for Corrie (remember Eileen and Gail having a fight on the cobbles!) One of my fave storylines is Rita and Alan Bradley but my fave of all time has to be Liam and Carla but im biased because Rob was in it! Embarassed

Just been reading the first few pages - everyone was slagging off Corrie's decision to hire Bradley Walsh. Also did Corrie really have 12 million viewers back then?
IT
IndigoTucker
The filmic is already something i'm fearing..

Is it going to be filmic do we know for sure? I take it we are currently watching episodes that were shot in HD, or at least partly, due to the out of order production schedules, and we aren't filmic yet - so perhaps it is staying as video....
NE
newsatten
Here's some a few caps of the upcoming storyline from another website:

Also for those who wan't it his the synopisis of the last episode:

With Maria out of the way, Tony resumes his evil revenge plan and splashes petrol around the factory. When screams of fear are heard from down the Street, though, alarm bells begin ringing in the locals' minds.

Roy, Gary, Trev, Steve, Tyrone and Ashley attempt to break into the factory as a manic Tony sparks his lighter...

The police push the men back from the scene, insisting that a hostage team is on the way. However, as flames begin to engulf the building, it quickly becomes clear there's no time.

Inside the factory, an almighty struggle ensues as Tony's hostages fight for their lives. When more gunshots are heard, onlookers fear the worst.

Will anyone emerge alive as the factory begins to crumble?
DA
David

I didn't see that coming. I wasn't expecting
John Stape to become a paramedic or is that Colin Fishwick?
NE
newsatten

I didn't see that coming. I wasn't expecting
John Stape to become a paramedic or is that Colin Fishwick?

Laughing haha!! that does look like him , doesn't it!
DE
derek500
Is it going to be filmic do we know for sure? I take it we are currently watching episodes that were shot in HD, or at least partly, due to the out of order production schedules, and we aren't filmic yet - so perhaps it is staying as video....

I would say it will stay as it is. The episodes appear to be made in HD, but it seems they're holding off broadcasting them in HD until the 'Big HD Monday'!!
NE
newsatten
A special "Siege" site seems to have been added - http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/thesiege/ Very Happy

Also a few more photo's

All in all looks pretty good IMO - The fire ones look good and is it just me or does the gun one seem a bit "action movie!" Laughing
MS
Mr-Stabby
Anyone else reminded of the siege from 'Prisoner: Cell Block H' looking at those photos?
DJ
DJGM

Anyone else reminded of the siege from 'Prisoner: Cell Block H' looking at those photos?

As I recall, there were at least 3 or 4 sieges/riots during the entire run of PCBH, so which one do you mean . . .

<=> The one where an officer's husband got stabbed to death by one of the prisoners?
<=> The one where a male officer had to climb up the side of the prison to get in via the roof?
<=> The one where terrorists got into Wentworth and killed themselves whilst exploding a bomb?
<=> The one where the prison was set on fire as part of Bea Smith's plan to get rid of "The Freak"?
MS
Mr-Stabby
I don't remember the exact storyline, but it was the one where I believe Myra Desmond was killed. Don't ask me why, but that's immediately what I thought of when i just saw those photos.
DA
David_02
New opening titles now on the website:

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/newopeningtitles/

I like them. More modern and they'll look great in HD.

Newer posts