(April 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TV Geek
This was an April Fool the press fell for btw
LI
littlesmegger
Quote:
Yeh, someone mentioned they had Wonkey Donkey on their push the button show last night too. Did anyone here see it? Where was he?

I've read that myself, but when watching on ITV Player just now there's no sign of him. Confused
ME
mediaman2007
Quote:
Yeh, someone mentioned they had Wonkey Donkey on their push the button show last night too. Did anyone here see it? Where was he?

I've read that myself, but when watching on ITV Player just now there's no sign of him. Confused

Someone telling porkies? Shock horror! Surprised Laughing
CO
Coolcat
Er... an "April Fool the press fell for"? But on Easter Monday 5th April, it was included in ITV2's entertainment news round-up, the 5 min show hosted by Jasmine Lowson ('Jedward to host a revival of CD:UK') as a proper, legitimate story. Do ITV not know which stories about their own programmes are April Fools then? Or were they deliberately re-cycling one of their own April fools several days late?
TO
TODAY
Quote:

Someone telling porkies? Shock horror! Surprised Laughing

No, I also saw Wonkey Donkey on Push the Button. I'm not sure which show it was but the game involved the players picking boxes they thought had an item inside after the boxes were moved around and mixed up, Wonkey Donkey was one of the items in a box.
TV
TV Geek
Er... an "April Fool the press fell for"? But on Easter Monday 5th April, it was included in ITV2's entertainment news round-up, the 5 min show hosted by Jasmine Lowson ('Jedward to host a revival of CD:UK') as a proper, legitimate story. Do ITV not know which stories about their own programmes are April Fools then? Or were they deliberately re-cycling one of their own April fools several days late?

Yes, it was put out on a Twitter account on Thursday, and obviously the Sunday papers bought into it. ITV2 entertainment news also isn't an ITV Production.
CO
Coolcat
Fair enough TV Geek, you're clearly speaking with some authority on the issue. But it doesn't say much for the independent producers who make ITV2's entertainment news programme - so much for elementary fact-checking. As someone with a little journalism experience, even I know that the FIRST thing you do with a story like that is ring up ITV and see if there's a grain of truth in it!
TV
TV Geek
I'm guessing its ITN which makes it worse Laughing

The Twitter account in question is 'CravenGossip' according to posts on DS. Its protected though

Its a shame there isn't a shred of truth in it, maybe bringing the two shows back (but under different names) could work. But then again, if there isn't a show like this on TV, is it because TV has moved on?

Newer posts