« Topics
62305823,557 posts since 19 Aug 2005
Since the Saturdays kids left ITV, its been utter Dire! and its full of Crap! oh why did there think Saturday kitchen a complete RIP off, what is one BBC one was a good idea. I for one hope this is true!

In all fairness there could move it earlier into GMTV time?

9am: kids show
11am CD: UK
12: news
12.10 This morning Saturday
13.10 then other crap which ITV have to offer....
TV Geek534 posts since 6 Aug 2009
Granada North West Today
ITV want to invest in in-house children's programming?! I'll believe that when I see it! I would take this very much with a pinch of salt!

SMTV & CDUK were a 'Blaze' production, iirc they sold the format to Five but they ended up shelving it.

In theory its a good idea, but in reality it would be a complete disaster. Only Ant, Dec & Cat managed to do SMTV and it wasn't until four years later during the second year of Ministry of Mayhem with Holly & Stephen that ITV had even came anywhere capturing the same magic. These big Saturday morning successes are few and far between, and with Ant, Dec & Cat already being legendary when it comes to SMTV, anything else is going to pale in comparison. Fine, go ahead and give them a Saturday morning show but don't expect it to work if its the SMTV name.

CDUK was always Cat Deeley's show, even when Holly Willoughby took over despite there not being big differences in their presentation styles it still wasn't the same. The relaunch of that was an utter disaster, so its best they avoid the same mistakes again.

Theres room for a Saturday morning show though, but maybe they should consider aiming it at the same audience as T4 rather than kids. T4 appears to have gone very flat in the last year or so.
mediaman2007462 posts since 22 Sep 2007
ITV want to invest in in-house children's programming?! I'll believe that when I see it! I would take this very much with a pinch of salt!

SMTV & CDUK were a 'Blaze' production, iirc they sold the format to Five but they ended up shelving it.

The rights to SMTV were sold in 2006 to some pair called Ant & Dec.
TV Geek534 posts since 6 Aug 2009
Granada North West Today
Forgot all about that! And they never bought CD:UK, so if ITV did bring the two shows back it would be interesting to see if they are two standalone shows or if they're still interlinked, as two production companies will be behind each show.
Forgot all about that! And they never bought CD:UK, so if ITV did bring the two shows back it would be interesting to see if they are two standalone shows or if they're still interlinked, as two production companies will be behind each show.

I think Blaze are based in the USA now so I'm not sure if they'd have the time or will to resurrect CD:UK in the UK. The easiest situation for ITV would be for Blaze to sell CD:UK to Gallowgate (Ant & Dec's company) and have them produce both.

I wouldn't think Blaze would be too keen to hand over almost 10 years of music performances that could be valuable to them, though.
Inspector Sands13,825 posts since 25 Aug 2004
It doesn't really matter who has sold what to who, the 2 programmes can never really return except in name.

Everyone involved in the original has moved along with their audience and television has too. Any revival would be starting from scratch and it's difficult to re-create something from the past like that

I don't think ITV will ever bring back the traditional long, live saturday morning children's show, it's just not financially in their interest
Why don't ITV just repeat the original 4 years? I bet it would get plus 1 million viewers and cost them next to nothing. Maybe Ant n Dec don't want their early years for all to see Laughing
62305823,557 posts since 19 Aug 2005
Why don't ITV just repeat the original 4 years? I bet it would get plus 1 million viewers and cost them next to nothing. Maybe Ant n Dec don't want their early years for all to see Laughing

I believe that is the reason why the brought Biker grove
Stuart7,279 posts since 13 Oct 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
In all fairness there could move it earlier into GMTV time?

9am: kids show
11am CD: UK

Surely that's what CITV is for, if they did decide to make such programmes again.

If there was a decent sized auduence (and therefore advertising revenue) from such programmes then they would already be on ITV1.