TV Home Forum

Doctor Who: Season 6 Spoiler Thread

Still use spoiler tags though, its more fun (January 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
"yeah, know about that... know about that... that's nothing new... yup, seen it..."

Well obviously... you're someone who actively seeks out spoilers.
LI
littlesmegger
No not particularly... anyone who reads DWM or even goes on the official site [or anyone with a brain cell] would expect to see a Dalek pop up or even a Weeping Angel seeing who is now in charge.

Other than the last 2-3 seconds there was nothing new confirmed... if you went online, yes the end was fairly obvious, but even ignoring 'spoilers', that was the only new piece of info that advert gave us. Other then that it was filler material getting people to tune in expecting something new, only failing to deliver.
JO
Johnny83
I thought it was alright myself, nothing special, but definitely not "the end of the world" (which it seems to have been to a few on GB) Laughing
LI
littlesmegger
I thought it was alright myself, nothing special, but definitely not "the end of the world" (which it seems to have been to a few on GB) Laughing

Let's be honest, they could've made the most spectacular advert in BBC history, directed by Cameron for 3D purposes... and the forum would've still found fault. Laughing
FL
flaziola
Bit of a controversy about the start date, a slightly shorter version of that trailer was shown ahead of Top Gear on Sunday night and at the end, the announcer proclaimed Saturday the 3rd of April as the TX date. However This article over on DWO suggests that this should not have aired.
In fairness thouh if its going t be Easter then it was going to be Easter Saturday.
JO
Johnny83
Bit of a controversy about the start date, a slightly shorter version of that trailer was shown ahead of Top Gear on Sunday night and at the end, the announcer proclaimed Saturday the 3rd of April as the TX date. However This article over on DWO suggests that this should not have aired.
In fairness thouh if its going t be Easter then it was going to be Easter Saturday.

Yep, I believe it's Saturday 3rd April, that trailer went out by mistake, I do wonder though why the BBC are trying to cover it up so?
JO
Johnny83

Let's be honest, they could've made the most spectacular advert in BBC history, directed by Cameron for 3D purposes... and the forum would've still found fault. Laughing

Laughing Oh yes, the amount of threads started over there regarding it has been outstanding, to think it cause that much contraversy (sp)
LI
littlesmegger
Well it's official, Matt will be in "Series 5" of Doctor Who. Not Series 1, Series 31 or Series Fnarg.
http://www.bbcshop.com/Doctor-Who-Series-5-Volume-1-DVD/invt/bbcdvd3213

http://www.bbcshop.com/content/ebiz/bbc/invt/bbcdvd3213/drwho_series5v1_300.jpg

This is also stated on the DVD and Bluray on Play.com.
Makes sense really. The fact the BBC were concidering a third Series 1 is just stupid, and not only isn't needed, would look stupid on people's shelves next to Series 4 and it's specials.
CY
cylon6
From Lizo Mzimba's Twitter account:

Quote:
Lizo_mzimba

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan to tour UK in special Doctor Who bus in run up to new series.
6 minutes ago via web

Dr Who tour: Belfast - 29 March. Inverness - 30 March then onto Sunderland -also 30 March. Salford - 31 March. Then Northampton same day.

Each location will host regional premiere of Episode 1 for local children.
PE
Pete Founding member
Matt Smith and Karen Gillan to tour UK in special Doctor Who bus in run up to new series.

If the BBC thought this one out properly they'd paint the other half of the bus in the News brandng and get the election stuff done at the same time. I'm quite convinced this would save enough money for 6music Wink
CY
cylon6
We now have a press release!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/03_march/08/who.shtml

Quote:
The Doctor's maiden voyage will commence on 29 March in Belfast, and then travel to Karen Gillan's home town, Inverness, for a screening on 30 March.

The bus will then move on to Sunderland that afternoon and Salford on Wednesday 31 March before finishing later that day in Northampton – Matt Smith's hometown.

Following the tour, from 1 to 3 April, the BBC will also hold events for three days at selected BBC Big Screens across the UK giving Doctor Who fans in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Plymouth and Swansea the chance to interact directly with the show in their home towns.

The events will feature exclusive footage – including the chance to see the Doctor Who trailer in 3D – and giveaways, and fans can also get their photo taken tumbling through the giant vortex.

Visitors will be able to meet some of the scariest monsters that have had viewers watching from behind their sofa for generations as well.
CY
cylon6

If the BBC thought this one out properly they'd paint the other half of the bus in the News brandng and get the election stuff done at the same time. I'm quite convinced this would save enough money for 6music Wink

Talking of 6 Music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0zNDhhPkSk&feature=player_embedded

Newer posts