TV Home Forum

Doctor Who - Discussions on Season 5 onwards

Spoiler Free Please (March 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
I can see it. I assume you are in the UK?

Technically, no, but Jersey usually gets lumped in - we get iPlayer, 4od, etc, okay. Would BBC Worldwide have rights to deliver these episodes to the UK?

David
JO
Joe
I don't know much about the internet infrastructure over there, but could it be routed from some over place which doesn't have rights, and YouTube haven't recognised?
JO
Jozman2005
Funny you should say that - I tried to watch the last episode on Youtube, and the opening ten minutes was blocked by (of all people) CHANNEL 4!!!
LI
littlesmegger
Funny you should say that - I tried to watch the last episode on Youtube, and the opening ten minutes was blocked by (of all people) CHANNEL 4!!!

I tried to watch someone playing a theme from Who on piano on YouTube, and that was banned by Channel 4... I'm thinking their 4oD filter may be a little too strict Laughing
LI
littlesmegger
IGN.com have given their top 10 stories from the Tennant era of Doctor Who.

Source: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/105/1058228p1.html

10. Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
9. The Shakespeare Code
8. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
7. Tooth and Claw
6. Blink
5. The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
4. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
3. The Girl in the Fireplace
2. Midnight
1. Human Nature/The Family of Blood

Blink being so low in the top 10 is a little strange, and in my opinion Midnight being in the top 10 is a joke...
PA
paul_hadley
Specials DVD is out now - mine shipped from play.com today. Smile
JO
Joe
IGN.com have given their top 10 stories from the Tennant era of Doctor Who.

Source: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/105/1058228p1.html

10. Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
9. The Shakespeare Code
8. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
7. Tooth and Claw
6. Blink
5. The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
4. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
3. The Girl in the Fireplace
2. Midnight
1. Human Nature/The Family of Blood

Blink being so low in the top 10 is a little strange, and in my opinion Midnight being in the top 10 is a joke...

Midnight was a very good episode actually - though perhaps it shouldn't be number 2.

I'd agree with you on Blink though.
LI
littlesmegger
Specials DVD is out now - mine shipped from play.com today. Smile

My bluray was shipped from HMV, but they're still not out officially until the 11th.

As for Midnight, I just didn't find it all that enthralling... I never thought an episode of Doctor Who would physically make me start to nod off, but that managed it by half way through!
LI
littlesmegger
My bluray boxset has arrived. T'is very nice. The outer packaging is shiny, the inner packaging is The Doctor and The Master. Each special is on its own bluray disc with the confidential and extras alongside it.

...oh and the foreward from 'David John McDonald' is fantastic, written as a conversation between him and his eight year old self Laughing

"Are the monsters good?" The boy asked.

"Oh there are some great ones. And you get to fight the Daleks, and the Cybermen..."

"...and the Zygons?!!"

"Erm, no, no not the Zygons. But loads of other ones that you'll love. And guess what... Sarah comes back! And K-9!"

"K-9 leaves too!!" the boy groaned.

Newer posts